2018 2500 bluetooth microphone issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

transamphoenix

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2018 power wagon. 8.4 uconnect with the alpine system. The Bluetooth microphones don’t seem to be working. Can make phone calls, but no one can hear me. When attempting to make voice commands, no commands are received. All other bluetooth and audio functions seem to be working.

Are there known issues with the microphones in these trucks? Or is it something maybe with the radio?

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I have a 2018 power wagon. 8.4 uconnect with the alpine system. The Bluetooth microphones don’t seem to be working. Can make phone calls, but no one can hear me. When attempting to make voice commands, no commands are received. All other bluetooth and audio functions seem to be working.

Are there known issues with the microphones in these trucks? Or is it something maybe with the radio?
Have you performed any troubleshooting steps like trying a different phone? Have you tried deleting the bluetooth pairing from both your phone and radio and reconnecting?

OP
OP
T

transamphoenix

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Have you performed any troubleshooting steps like trying a different phone? Have you tried deleting the bluetooth pairing from both your phone and radio and reconnecting?
Yes, tried a different phone. Same thing. Don’t believe it’s a connectivity issue, as all other bluetooth functionality works. And the fact that when using voice commands, the radio does not respond. Radio operates normally other than unable to receive voice commands

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Yes, tried a different phone. Same thing. Don’t believe it’s a connectivity issue, as all other bluetooth functionality works. And the fact that when using voice commands, the radio does not respond. Radio operates normally other than unable to receive voice commands
Have you attempted to factory reset the radio? Have you performed any firmware updates?