AlphaOBD Pixel 7 Pro cannot connect via Bluetooth

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Hoping for some assistance, it has been a couple years since I last used my alpha OBD unit to make any changes in my 2018 2500. The security bypass is still installed with the wires attached into the proper locations as it worked a few years back and all seems tight. I plugged the unit back in and can see the green power light on and the blue Bluetooth light blinking , but my phone will not pair up. I have tried two different Android phones and neither of them works. I took all other Bluetooth devices off of one of them just to see if that would make a difference but it doesn't. Does anyone have any ideas?

Black-Wolf

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hoping for some assistance, it has been a couple years since I last used my alpha OBD unit to make any changes in my 2018 2500. The security bypass is still installed with the wires attached into the proper locations as it worked a few years back and all seems tight. I plugged the unit back in and can see the green power light on and the blue Bluetooth light blinking , but my phone will not pair up. I have tried two different Android phones and neither of them works. I took all other Bluetooth devices off of one of them just to see if that would make a difference but it doesn't. Does anyone have any ideas?
You don't say what OBD port scanner you have. Assuming you have an OBD MX+, have you followed the procedure for the OBD MX+ to pair it to your phone? You have to pair it first. Once it's paired, you can then connect using Alpha.

OP
OP
tron67j

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Yes, OBD MX+. When I search in the list of Bluetooth devices that are discoverable nothing shows. I also have tried from the AlphaOBD app as well, and only ends up trying to control my unrelated wireless speaker. The Bluetooth light on the MX+ dongle blinks, but isn't available.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Took everything apart and reinstalled 3 times, and that was the charm. Now connected. Thanks!
Just FYI, when I had an issue with my OBDLink I contacted the company and they sent me an OBDLink MX+ at no charge (pretty sure I was out of warranty to).

OP
OP
tron67j

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Yeah I have no idea what was going on but it was really frustrating. I had clicked on the pairing button and it wouldn't work. Guess it just needed to cycle a couple times or the wires. Just didn't feel like working. I have no idea but seems to be working okay now. Thanks everybody.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Yeah I have no idea what was going on but it was really frustrating. I had clicked on the pairing button and it wouldn't work. Guess it just needed to cycle a couple times or the wires. Just didn't feel like working. I have no idea but seems to be working okay now. Thanks everybody.
That was the issue with mine and when I opened it up the pairing button itself had physically broken.

OP
OP
tron67j

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
It might have been the button as well here, just not sure but so nutty.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat