2018 RAM 2500 ABS module and the Hydraulic Control Unit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Colt45automag

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Just a heads up! Seems that this should be a recall item but there are no parts available and no ETA so says 2 local dealers here in NJ. The solution: Dealer says to just drive it even though it is under warranty and the warning alert constantly goes on and off and the ABS doesn't work... Hey breaks are overrated. Their service person said 2500 people are in front of me. My truck has 29K. Oh well it's only $150.00 per tank so all is well...

SuburbanCowgirl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins diesel
I have a 2018 Ram 3500 and my ABS module went down. It kept my back brakes engaged and I haul horses with a 44ft trailer. It is mind blowing that there a recalls on other years and you can't find the part through MOPAR. MY truck I make monthly payments for was at the shop for a month and $4,000 later. Since the module told brakes to stay engaged I had to replace my rotor, brakes and calipers....I am sorry you are going through that, it really seems like there should be a recall for that module that is proven faulty. This fault is so dangerous, especially if you haul trailers. Plus, expensive for the repairs and loss of vehicle.

Phylodog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2018
Engine
5.7 Hemi & 6.7L CTD
I suspect mine is failing as well. It decided to let me know when I was on the interstate in a light rain and went to accelerate/pass. You get some strange looks and some thumbs up when you kick an 8000lb truck sideways at 70mph and somehow manage to stick the landing without losing but a few mph.