Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hunterawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
0NMSeT6SfJZ-b2oC1OxRGxpJQ
08HY9_c1Gd45JtfwXoetJj8tw
0v17HotfW_TxGzka-KVglPEpA
0AdH1UWZCvNhXG6p7Er4Xn_mw
0z2NXFCdkuwXmd_VOyWdO_MjQ
0Oy2zTA94dU79AF4nXT0tPfKg

Okay so this is probably going to take me a long time to read but only cause i want to be thorough and hope someone can help me out.

i just bought these lights that have switchbacks and halos both of which i can turn any color with an app. They are pretty much retro fits. Anyways they are projectors and i have quad lights so i bought a quad to projector adapter harness from an online store and when i got them today i realized they were different than the picture they advertised. They advertised the harness with the side that plugs into the new headlight and the other side with 2 plugs that plug into the harnesses on the truck itself. Well the ones i got had 3 plugs on the one side. 2 of the plugs fit into the harnesses coming off the truck. But the other one has nowhere to plug into its different than the other 2 plugs and only has 1 prong on it. Its not an oval shape but a small cylinder like plug. I figured i could still make it work with my lights and just decided to tape the top of it so no dirt got into it. I did that on both sides and started hooking up my new lights. After i got the lights in and all plugged in i tried them out. The low beam projectors worked so i tried the high beams and nothing happened. It just stays on the low beam setting. So then i tried my blinkers. I turned on the driver side and the blinker which is supposed to be switchbacks (meaning they are white until you turn on the signal and then they are supposed to blink amber and go back to white after you turn the blinker off) but i turned on the driver blinker and it was blinking white and then i turned on the passenger blinker and the headlight wasnt blinking at all BUT the passenger mirror turn signal was blinking fast as if the bulbs were bad or something was wrong with them and so was the taillight. Then i tried unlocking and locking my truck cause usually the lights will turn on and the marker lights will come on. The lights did come on except for the passenger side bottom light strip(i forgot what its called. I dont think its a drl but it might be).

Also you should probably know that my lights i bought came with a crazy amount of wires and plugs il try to put a picture of everything but the guy i bought em from said that the yellow wires on it are for the turn signals but i dont see how that could be the problem. He had them on a ram that had factory projectors already and had to connect those wires to the turn signals but my wiring harness adapter should also work for the signals should it not?

So is there anything you guys know that could be causing this? I dont want to start cutting my factory wires cause its a lease even though i dont plan on trading it back in after the lease i still want everything done as neat as possible. Any info would be amazing. I currently have my new lights on the truck but cant really drive it cause the lights arent working right. Any wiring diagrams for the factory plugs or anything like that?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357