2019 3500 6.7 won't start after fuel filters changed.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gary Hogan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
My 19 3500 6.7 with 46k miles. I've changed the fuel filters before and no issue. I cycled the system on and off a few times. Won't start. Repeated several times. Put a charger on to make sure the batteries didn't drop too low. Checked to see if fuel is reaching the front filter, it is. After a few tries to start it throws a code that the low pressure system is too low. Any suggestions? (Note, it is tuned and has a S&B cold air intake. That shouldn't matter I wouldn't think. It ran great until I did this oil change and fuel filters change todayl.)

tjfdesmo

Reaction score
What brand filters? Any chance front element is not properly seated, or an o-ring got damaged?

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Did you buy it off of Amazon? If you did you have to be real careful to not get counterfeit filters from there... Also in my owner manual in it states that: The engine mounted filter housing is equipped with a No-Filter-No-Run (NFNR) feature. Engine will not run if:  No filter is installed.  Inferior/Non-approved filter is used. Use of OEM filter is required to ensure vehicle will run. Si if it was not seated properly or a you got a faulty filter that may case it to not start.. I have also seen it suggested to only change one filter at a time starting with the rear, get it running again then the under the hood filter, that way if you have a problem of it not running you know which filter to look at...

Good Luck

truck2569

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My 19 3500 6.7 with 46k miles. I've changed the fuel filters before and no issue. I cycled the system on and off a few times. Won't start. Repeated several times. Put a charger on to make sure the batteries didn't drop too low. Checked to see if fuel is reaching the front filter, it is. After a few tries to start it throws a code that the low pressure system is too low. Any suggestions? (Note, it is tuned and has a S&B cold air intake. That shouldn't matter I wouldn't think. It ran great until I did this oil change and fuel filters change todayl.)
When that happened to me my fuel pump went out inside the tank.