2019 3500 Towing Experience

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dansu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does anyone have any experience pulling an RV with a 2019 Ram 3500, SWB, CC, 6.4, 4.10? I'm interested in those experiences. Another truck with the same engine, truck, tranny and axle combo would be appreciated as well.

I have towed my current RV, gvw 10k, with a 2014 2500, CC, SWB, 6.4, 3.73, 6 speed and it had no problems and had thought it would do fine with up to 12k. Now I'm going to buy a larger, heavier trailer that will come in around 13k loaded. The combo will come in under all weights but I'm worried about working the engine. After driving the truck for a month I'm really impressed with the 6.4 combined with the 8 speed and 4.10 and it seems it will be no problem. I'm interested on any feedback members may have in relation to their experiences towing something in that weight class with a vehicle with a drivetrain similar to mine.

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I wouldn't worry about the engine at all. The 6.4 is a beast and has only been held back previously by the absolutely miserable 6spd transmission. I tow an 11K 5th wheel with the 6spd, 3.73 gears and it gets the job done. When I can get to the heart of the power I can maintain any speed I want up a 6% grade. The problem is having the gears to keep me in the power. The 8spd solves that problem. I can't wait to get one.

I've read a lot of reviews on various message boards and people are happy towing right up to the truck's max. I'd personally have no problem hooking up a 13K trailer to the 6.4 Hemi and 8spd combo. The 4.10 gearing is nice over the 3.73 but not as critical with all the tranny gears.