2019 LED head lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rherman1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummings
I am looking at a new 2019 Laramie/big horn 1500 it has the LED headlights. What are the better lights the projector lights or the LED's? I want the better of the two for night driving. I have been using the projectors for the last 5 years, pro's and con's?

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am looking at a new 2019 Laramie/big horn 1500 it has the LED headlights. What are the better lights the projector lights or the LED's? I want the better of the two for night driving. I have been using the projectors for the last 5 years, pro's and con's?

I haven't even driven a 5th gen yet so I can't answer your question, but for comparison sake for when people do give their input, for the last 5 years have you been using the projectors with the halogens in them, or did you modify them to led or hid?

Arth

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Limited 4x4
Engine
6.7 HO Cummins Turbo Diesel

I have a 2019 Limited with the factory projector LED headlights and I am satisfied with the performance.

That being said I've heard from Laramie owners and others who have the factory reflector LED headlights and they are also very happy with the performance.

I don't think you can go wrong either way. As someone who always upgraded their headlights in my 4th Gen I am happy with these factory headlights.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had the projectors.

Well yes I got that part, but did you leave them stock (halogen) or did you modify them with hids or leds? The stock projectors with halogens weren't much of an upgrade from the reflective housed headlights in the 4th gen, in my opinion. I've heard the 5th gen leds are better and it wouldn't take very much for them to be, but if you had leds or hids in your projectors then the difference may not be as great.

OP
OP
Rherman1

Rherman1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummings
Well yes I got that part, but did you leave them stock (halogen) or did you modify them with hids or leds? The stock projectors with halogens weren't much of an upgrade from the reflective housed headlights in the 4th gen, in my opinion. I've heard the 5th gen leds are better and it wouldn't take very much for them to be, but if you had leds or hids in your projectors then the difference may not be as great.
I modified them to the FXR projector and HID 3500W

OP
OP
Rherman1

Rherman1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummings
How is the difference from the 3.6 V6 versus the 5.7 Hemi? I don't know which you have.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I modified them to the FXR projector and HID 3500W

Ah I see, then the difference may be minimal, I'm sure some more 5th gen guys will give their impressions on the 4th vs 5th.

CAes711

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I installed LED headlight bulbs on 2019 Ram 1500 big horn, they are working great. I will post more pictures...
Here you go: http://bit.ly/lasfit-2019-ram-1500-leds

OP
OP
Rherman1

Rherman1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummings
I installed LED headlight bulbs on 2019 Ram 1500 big horn, they are working great. I will post more pictures...
Here you go: http://bit.ly/lasfit-2019-ram-1500-leds
I wound up purchasing the truck that had the LED lighting upgrade for the headlights and the taillights. Still have to change out the interior bulbs and cargo lights to LED's.

Mike Townsend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have HID's in my 2014 Ram R/T and they work pretty well. But they can't compare to the factory LED's that are in my 2015 Charger SRT.

If your truck has LED headlights and tail lights I would think your interior lights are LED as well. The ones in my truck were LED.

OP
OP
Rherman1

Rherman1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummings
I have HID's in my 2014 Ram R/T and they work pretty well. But they can't compare to the factory LED's that are in my 2015 Charger SRT.

If your truck has LED headlights and tail lights I would think your interior lights are LED as well. The ones in my truck were LED.
I will double check them.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had a 2017 with projectors that i upgraded to a good HID kit, my 5th gen Sport now with the LED's are much brighter.

How would you rate the two setups in terms of performance? The new light setups look nice, just wondering how they do against the aftermarket setups.

Edit: It appears you answered that with your post, I must have misread that earlier...so brighter and better in every way? I think the HID's in the 4th gen projectors were pretty good so if the stock 5th gens are better or considerably better, I have something to look forward to.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rherman1

Rherman1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummings
I haven't had my truck out at night yet to check out the headlights!

OP
OP
Rherman1

Rherman1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummings
Well, I finally got out for a bit tonight in the dark, the lights are just as good as my Projectors with the FX-R set up and the HID's.

13ram1500crew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
How would you rate the two setups in terms of performance? The new light setups look nice, just wondering how they do against the aftermarket setups.

Edit: It appears you answered that with your post, I must have misread that earlier...so brighter and better in every way? I think the HID's in the 4th gen projectors were pretty good so if the stock 5th gens are better or considerably better, I have something to look forward to.

Exactly, my aftermarket HID's were great in the '17 projector housings, but the '19 LED's are considerably different in my opinion. We have a protected nature area for about 2 miles along my route to work where there is always deer running across the road in this area, the new LED's light up all along the ditch area and makes visibility much better.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Exactly, my aftermarket HID's were great in the '17 projector housings, but the '19 LED's are considerably different in my opinion. We have a protected nature area for about 2 miles along my route to work where there is always deer running across the road in this area, the new LED's light up all along the ditch area and makes visibility much better.

That's awesome! Thanks for the good info, especially about throwing light off the road a bit too to see deer, big problem where I am as well. Really miss my lightbar for that reason, that thing threw a lot of light into the fields to spot them well in advance. Looking forward to not having to upgrade that area in my next ram.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990