2019 RAM 1500: more scoop...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

idrive

Reaction score
Ram Year
not yet
Engine
soon
I really like it. My buddy has one on the way. If this proves reliable I'll be ordering a 2020 when they start making them.

Will be the 1st time I've owned a truck that isn't a Ford.

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Did I miss something here ? Lol. Carbon fibre on a truck ? Maybe I’m old school with trucks ha ha ha ha. Next thing will be those fart can exhausts and stickers in the gas caps that say put rice here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cuttymcgavin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I agree it is a little tundra looking. I love the huge touchscreen display. Hoping more aftermarket companies start to mimic it and give more options other than the tesla style one for our 4 gens!!

BTD07

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
After staring at these trucks since the info was released, I have found out that I do not like the redesign. And that could stem from my mind not wanting to like the new thing so I can be happy with what I have but at the end of the day its the truth. Interior, features etc are awesome on the truck, but the look is just off. And not to say its 'not a Ram' because a Ram is whatever Ram decides they want to be, but I just cannot get on board with its visual appeal, especially from the front. Too much in common with other makers. I think the thought of the 'latest and greatest' fogged my mind. I do however want those Laramie badges for the tailgate as I like how you can actually read the model instead of the letters being a freaking half inch tall, even the Lone Star and Big Horn have a more legible and noticeable badge than a Laramie.

HeadsUp7Up

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
After staring at these trucks since the info was released, I have found out that I do not like the redesign. And that could stem from my mind not wanting to like the new thing so I can be happy with what I have but at the end of the day its the truth. Interior, features etc are awesome on the truck, but the look is just off. And not to say its 'not a Ram' because a Ram is whatever Ram decides they want to be, but I just cannot get on board with its visual appeal, especially from the front. Too much in common with other makers. I think the thought of the 'latest and greatest' fogged my mind. I do however want those Laramie badges for the tailgate as I like how you can actually read the model instead of the letters being a freaking half inch tall, even the Lone Star and Big Horn have a more legible and noticeable badge than a Laramie.

I would bet that seeing it in person might change your mind. Until I did I really just liked the interior a lot. Seeing it on the street and up close and personal at an auto show made me really like it. I do think some colors work better than others though. Of course if you’ve seen it in person then forget everything I just said.

I will say that after I walked out to my 2014 I still think it looks just as good as the day I got it.

DwnDak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Call me crazy but a complete new body/frame and interior would be where I could consider it another "generation" of truck. So I would say the MY18 is the final gen 4.

The most disappointing part of the gen5 is going to be the 6 bolt wheels. This part really has me frustrated because I can't find any info on the 5th gen bolt pattern yet. If its something off pattern from Ford or GM... we're screwed for a little bit in the wheel category. unfortunately.

DwnDak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was unsure, but after seeing the 2019 Sport in person, I like it. Will the pricing make me like it enough?? Probably not until this time next year when they discount them and smash out 0% .. Once I add my corporate price drop it should seal the deal.

Odd question, has anyone who's seen one in person measured out the bolt spread by chance?? I completely forgot a few weeks ago, and was kicking myself on the train ride home. Wonder what kind of weird bolt pattern this 6 lug will be???

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Call me crazy but a complete new body/frame and interior would be where I could consider it another "generation" of truck. So I would say the MY18 is the final gen 4.

The most disappointing part of the gen5 is going to be the 6 bolt wheels. This part really has me frustrated because I can't find any info on the 5th gen bolt pattern yet. If its something off pattern from Ford or GM... we're screwed for a little bit in the wheel category. unfortunately.
Couple things, I think the wheel change has something like 20+ different OEM wheel sets available on 2019+ 1500s. So maybe not all bad?

The 4th gens will likely continue to for the HD models for a couple of years after the 1500s...

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Eightd21

Reaction score
Ram Year
NA
Engine
NA
Speaking of seeing them in person, I saw 15 of the 2019s in succession going South on Mound by the factory in Warren the other day. All different colors and trims. It was quite a sight.

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
Speaking of seeing them in person, I saw 15 of the 2019s in succession going South on Mound by the factory in Warren the other day. All different colors and trims. It was quite a sight.

Sent from my magic 5-inch

02ramboi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
New models look pretty sick but I want to see one lifted then I will judge lol

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
I tried watching your videos as I wanted to see the new Ram but with the amount you curse it made them very NSFW:eek:
Just put in headphones, lower the volume, or mute it, though.

Sent from my magic 5-inch

cuttymcgavin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well the only things I like that would make a difference are those flip down step ups located under the rear bumper, the reclining rear seats and that huge touch screen. So I am sure that these three items can be customized or retrofitted into a 4 gen.

DwnDak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Couple things, I think the wheel change has something like 20+ different OEM wheel sets available on 2019+ 1500s. So maybe not all bad?

The 4th gens will likely continue to for the HD models for a couple of years after the 1500s...

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

That will be a good thing, but I was thinking more aftermarket support in terms of the 6 bolt wheel pattern. If its same as GM's we'll be super happy. Lol

The HD's typically don't change until the year after the light duties, your correct. The 2002 1500 was all new, while the 2500 remained the previous body until 2003MY...