2021 RAM 1500 Pricing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jon McGuffin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Looking to pickup a 2021 RAM either this Fall/Winter or maybe in January.

Pretty specific as to what I'm looking for in terms of options, etc.

Any idea what I might be able to expect to get negotiating in terms of % off MSPR, etc?

I know this can vary quite a bit based on factory incentives, etc. Just trying to determine what others here have been able to negotiate off sticker when buying brand new.

Thanks!

Kbustaar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
If you hold out until presidents day sales you will get the most rebates.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Arth

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Limited 4x4
Engine
6.7 HO Cummins Turbo Diesel
I say hold out till March or so. My 2021 I bought i got about 11k off sticker before my trade. I think it's an okay deal.

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Trucks are hot no matter the time and place these days, but I've bought new and used vehicles around the holidays when no one is car shopping and did really well on the deal, financing and trade allowance.

The only way to go these days is start your search online and email/message dealers. The ones who play and give you real numbers are the ones you want to deal with.

OP
OP
J

Jon McGuffin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Thank you for the feedback, I’m looking forward a VERY specific build which might make the pricing difficult to haggle well. What I’m setting out should be about $64k MSRP.

If what I’m reading here you’re thinking I could get that for around $52k plus tax and license getting me out the door for under $60k I would be a pretty happy camper.

OP
OP
J

Jon McGuffin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Looks like the MSRP for the truck I want is gonna run $63k

Not taking into account factory rebates or incentives, any ideas on what I should be able to get off MSRP?

BNeal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looks like the MSRP for the truck I want is gonna run $63k

Not taking into account factory rebates or incentives, any ideas on what I should be able to get off MSRP?
I have never negotiated a vehicle purchase based on MSRP. I work from invoice, and my goal is to make the purchase at invoice or under depending on circumstances. Once you have negotiated your purchase price, then bring in any trade you may have, negotiate that, and then start asking about factory or dealer incentives. Once you think you have a deal, request an itemized printout of the out-the-door price. This way you are controlling the purchase process and you have all the information you need to make an informed decision. Dealers will try to steer you away from this method because it takes the control out of their hands - which they don't like.

Jm91rs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Find a dealer that will provide you with the build sheet (Mine is called "priced order confirmation" or "POC"). Some will show you all the options with MSRP only and then they write on there what you'll pay. Others show you that exact same sheet with numbers like Invoice, FFP (Friends and Family) and a few others. On my 2021 Laramie, Invoice was about 7.5% off of MSRP. FFP was about 1% less than invoice and that's the price I paid with no negotiation at all. I saved the negotiations for the trade talk once I had 2 dealers agree to FFP.

There's also an employee price on there that's about 12% less than MSRP, but I didn't really even try for that one. From my understanding dealers pay invoice minus Hold backs (HB is also on this POC sheet, in my case it was about 2.5%) and some other bonuses that they get for hitting sales marks. On Silverados I was able to get dealers to do invoice minus holdback, but none of the Ram dealers would bite on that in August.

*That's all the negotiable stuff. I try to leave rebates out until the end because if you're ordering you'll have no control over the available rebates when the truck shows up.

Last edited:

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Only big deals you will find is any left over 2020...or early 2021’s. Here is a quick tip...when opening the door, on the sticker it tells you when it was built. The older, the better you might get a deal out of it.

Owner of a 2020 Ram Laramie, 16 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 21 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
One thing, if you walk in saying you want an exact truck, then the dealer has a bit of a head start over you. Suggest looking at leaser models and work up to your vehicle.

z0n3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi with Etorque
I ordered a 2021 RAM 1500 Laramie to my exact specs on 9/28. Its on a truck on its way to my dealer now. The trucks MSRP is 61,175. The invoice is 56,446. My agreed price that I have in a written offer is 53,190 which is right under the employee price and before any incentives/TTL. I got this by talking to a handful of dealers and pinning their offers against each other. I also am trading in my 2019 RAM 1500 bighorn (5th gen) for 40k with 15k on it. Hopefully my scenario helps. I don't think getting an offer like mine is unachievable, just takes a lot of grinding them down.

OP
OP
J

Jon McGuffin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
oh awesome, honestly the most helpful of all! Congrats on the truck you’re ordering. That looks like a really fair price, particularly for a new model. Well done and thank you again very much

I ordered a 2021 RAM 1500 Laramie to my exact specs on 9/28. Its on a truck on its way to my dealer now. The trucks MSRP is 61,175. The invoice is 56,446. My agreed price that I have in a written offer is 53,190 which is right under the employee price and before any incentives/TTL. I got this by talking to a handful of dealers and pinning their offers against each other. I also am trading in my 2019 RAM 1500 bighorn (5th gen) for 40k with 15k on it. Hopefully my scenario helps. I don't think getting an offer like mine is unachievable, just takes a lot of grinding them down.

NorthStar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn/Lone Star 4x2 Crew
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Only big deals you will find is any left over 2020...or early 2021’s. Here is a quick tip...when opening the door, on the sticker it tells you when it was built. The older, the better you might get a deal out of it.

Owner of a 2020 Ram Laramie, 16 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 21 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Sound advice! You can also find the month/date it was built right in the Moroney Sticker in the window.

Mine was built August 30 (of 2020). Look for the bar code in the bottom right corner of the window sticker. Then look for the four digits directly above the bar code in the right end of it. In my case, it indicates 0830 which is August 30.

z0n3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi with Etorque
oh awesome, honestly the most helpful of all! Congrats on the truck you’re ordering. That looks like a really fair price, particularly for a new model. Well done and thank you again very much
Best of luck to you, hope you can get someone to a price your comfortable with. Post again if you have more questions!

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
go in near the end of the month when the sales department is starting to get motivated to hit their quota. they will be more likely to deal. if you have a trade, focus more on trade difference because they can set the new truck price low and **** you over on your trade-in. also shop around and be a hard negotiator. I bought my '19 when they first came out and I got over 13,000 off and got 40,080 for my '17 sierra 1500 ccsb 4x4 trade-in. after taxes and fees it was less than 5000$ trade dif. you're doing them a favor shopping there and spending your money with them so be patient and hold out for a deal you're happy with.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

Jon McGuffin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Hearing all these deals of around $10k-$13k off is keeping me motivated that a deal is out there.

GreggF

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v8

Enjoying reading all the info in these forums. I'm considering doing a "build your own" 2021 BigHorn via the Ramtrucks website that's tailored to towing a medium size travel trailer. Did you start with your Laramie order on that site or sit down with the dealer and go from there? What was the process you used to get to the $53,190 amount?
Thanks.

Arvid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just got my spec ordered bighorn today ordered in august. Msrp sticker was $62,430 and got it for 52,500