2021 Ram 1500 w/ eTorque - Engine vibration/wobble

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lolkeds

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 Hemi w/ Etorque
Hello!

I recently purchased my 2021 Ram 1500 that has about 26k miles on it. This is my first Ram, and also my first truck in general, so I don't really have a good comparison to know if the vibration/wobble I'm noticing is normal or not. So I thought I'd take it to the pros. Here is the situation as best as I can describe it:

The truck accelerates beautifully and brakes fine. However, as I'm closing in on the end of the braking event (think last 5-10 ft), there's a noticeable vibration/wobble I can feel from the engine that lasts about a second. The entire braking event until this point is smooth, so I don't think it's a brake issue (i.e., bent rotor). It almost feels like a slightly out of balance fly wheel is coming to a stop, if that makes any sense. I know the engine RPMs are coming way down at about this point, but I don't feel this vibration at any other time the truck is shifting gears, so I'm not sure that's relevant. Another thought is it could be feedback from the regenerative braking.

Anyways, just wondering if anyone has experienced this before. I have an appointment to take it into the dealer to get checked out, but thought I'd ask here first in case this is a known, normal thing...maybe I can avoid the diagnostics charge.

Thanks!

Kyle

Shaggy

Administrator/Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Ram Year
--
Engine
--
You for sure the shaking is coming from the engine and not the tires?

OP
OP
L

lolkeds

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 Hemi w/ Etorque
Fairly certain. It’s not consistent, sometimes I don’t feel anything. I took it into the dealer and the tech couldn’t find anything out of the ordinary. He thought any vibrations I might be feeling could be the rpm adjustment when downshifting from 2nd to 1st. He also explained that the etorque system is always running, so that shouldn’t account for any vibrations. I know enough about engines to know I don’t know anything about them, so I don’t know if that makes sense or not. I’m not really fulfilled by the outcome as he claimed to not really feel anything (of course when the tech is there it doesn’t vibrate excessively). I may be chasing a ghost here…

Ramfanski

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
You may need to take the mechanic for a ride to show them. I have had many trucks. I have never noticed that.

WSix

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine has developed an increasingly frequent vibration or drone, when the truck is moving and letting the truck coast. It almost feels like a bad ujoint or exhaust drone.