2022 2500 computer crash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tanx r us

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I have a 2022 RAM 2500HD Cummins. Less than 8k miles. Last week the radio screen displays "software update available Y/N". Hit Y and all hell broke loose. Radio locks and won't unlock as per "start engine" instruction. I tried a few suggestions from youtube, "hold both knobs down" or "press top right corner" of screen. No go. So like any user or computerized stuff I shut it off. Disconnected both neg. cables and touched a clip lead across + & - cables for a few seconds (no spark) and put the cables back on the posts. Get this: Now every warning is on and won’t go away. Check engine, ABS, airbags, throttle warning, traction control. Plus, no speedo, tach, odometer, cruise, surround cameras, compass, and no 4WD. No gear limit display, exhaust brake displays but doesn’t work. And still NO RADIO. Starts and runs fine. Lighting, heat, and locks are fine. I’m sure I missed a few things but you get the idea. Dealer ran codes and flashed the ECU but the errors come right back. Scheduled to bring it in 12/30. They will put me in a rental 12/27. I tried holding down the 4WD high button while starting a couple of times and it engaged! That is where it will stay for now. The speedo and odo came back too. Haven’t tried cruise yet. Very hesitant to drive without airbags but at least I won’t get stuck in the snow. Guess I’m sitting this Christmas out. There was a recall in early Fall. My truck was the proud recipient of one of 25000 “potentially” defective ECM’s. I reluctantly had the recall done. When I plug in my code reader the first thing I see is “ECM error". I promptly unplugged and didn’t try to clear anything. I think there is a gremlin in that new ECU.