2022 Ram 2500 6.4 squeal noise at start up!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigspender101

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Memi
Just bought a used 2022 Ram 2500 6.4 Hemi with 13,000 miles on her. I came from a Tundra so Im still trying to get used to the different sounds this Hemi makes. My Issue is on start up I hear a high pitch whine like sound. It almost sounds like a squeaky belt! It's really load when in gear but not moving! of course amplified in my driveway! sometimes I can hear it even after she warms up! If anyone can shed some light on this situation that would be great. And if this has been covered before here sorry about the repeat ? I promise I did search before hand. I uploaded a video of it. Second half of the video is when I put it in drive.....Thanks

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
A "squeal" normally indicates a slipping belt or bearings going out - possibly in the water pump. In my experience, of course.

Wmjohn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Take a hard, up close look at the etorque belt, assuming it is an etorque motor. I carry a spare always, and a water pump belt too.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat