2022 Ram Radio deprograming chosen channels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Robert Meier

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the 2022 Ram Lone Star with the 8" screen. I will program the AM, FM and XM channels I want and at random times it will deprogram those channels and default channels will appear. Then I have to reenter the channels I want. At some random time they will again disappear and the other default channels will appear. Other than that everything works. Anybody else?

Hawkeye Jim

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Lone Star Sport
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Yep. The radio is an all new system. Bugs not worked out yet. Sometimes XM won't work. Sometimes USB drive won't work. When they don't, I do a soft reboot. Doesn't fix the vanishing presets though.

WFO2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had that problem on my 2022 Night Edtion 1500 . I went into the settings and turned of auto tune at atart up. So far three weeks and holding presets .

OP
OP
R

Robert Meier

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I turned it off on mine but it continues to delete. It may last for a few hours or a few days but it will eventually delete the programmed channels.

OP
OP
R

Robert Meier

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Here's a new one. I don't drive a lot at night but last night when I got home I turned off my headlights and the radio changed from Sirius to AM radio. I tried it again and did the same thing. So now its something I can tell the dealership when I take it back Tuesday besides the set channels unsetting.

Deki

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I did a hard reset, and for some reason, the Android main menu popped up. I was able to turn on developer mode, but even that is very glitchy. I can't believe they released this trash on a production vehicle. My wife's 2021 Pacifica Pinnacle Hybrid is also having issues with UConnect 5, along with a host of other problems. Dealers are less than useless, Stellantis customer care deferes to the dealer, and rinse and repeat. My presets also go away, but about two to three times per week. Also resets my cluster. It's horse ****. If they don't get on it, I'll get rid of both vehicles for something that works as expected for the money.

Macnh1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2022 1500 Bighorn, same issue, improved with an update to only losing presets every 8 weeks, now back to once a week, over the weekend lost them 2 days in a row. No real pattern. Sometimes FM stations, sometimes XM, sometimes both. Wrote to Uconnect today they wrote back and said call dealer. Service said Ram is aware of the issue and they are waiting for an update and fix. My $4k, 1981 Olds Cutlass never lost it's presets once.

tcass

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 V6 Echo-diesel
yeah, not getting any better. i recently picked up a 22 Rebel with the uconnect 5 radio. what a piece of crap. it randomly drops presets, changes from sirius to stream after about 10 seconds with no prompting. i thought i had ordered the HD radio with nav as in my previous RAM but i guess not.