2022 Rebel Ordered - Rebel 4" lift vs. non rebel lift question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Racing Woody

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I just ordered a 2022 Rebel with the G/T package, very excited and can't wait for arrival. I have a set of TRX takeoffs from by boss's truck and his off-road running boards that I will be adding to the Rebel when the truck comes in. I do want to lift the truck for better fitment of the 35's on the TRX wheels and I do not like the stuffed look of trucks when too big of tires are shoved into just enough space for them to fit. I currently have a 2017 Ram 2500 Off-Road with 35's and a 1" level and it is perfect if not a touch high for me (roughly 43" front and 44" rear) fender from ground.

I would prefer to lift the Rebel vs level it, I am mainly a highway driver, but I am in the construction field and on jobsites everyday. So while I am not off-roading the truck I do want ground clearance availability. I am also leasing the truck and need to make any lift I perform reversible if I decide to turn in vs buy out at the end of my 3 years. I have a couple of questions.

1. If I order a 4" lift, does it actual become a 5" lift due to the Rebel's 1" higher starting point over a non Rebel 1500, or does it really only become a 3" lift from the current Rebel starting height?

2. I do like my tires to stick out roughly 1/2" - 1" from fenders. I have been over 1000's of pictures on the internet of wheel spacers ranging from 1/2" - 1.5" spacers but there are so many variables in the wheels that are being added on with these spacers there is no real way of telling what a set up will actually look like. I have seen another visual of someone adding the TRX wheels to a rebel and needed 1/2" spacer and longer studs so the back of the tire did not hit the strut housing and I believe he only had a small level. Any more advice on TRX wheel fitting on a lifted Rebel and spacers?

Thanks in advance.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You are not going to want to do a 4" kit. There is some minor cutting involved. You would be better off with either doing an Eibach kit or even an ICON coil over kit up front with ICON springs and shocks in the rear.

I assume no air suspension on the new Rebel?

OP
OP
Racing Woody

Racing Woody

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
You are not going to want to do a 4" kit. There is some minor cutting involved. You would be better off with either doing an Eibach kit or even an ICON coil over kit up front with ICON springs and shocks in the rear.

I assume no air suspension on the new Rebel?
Nick,

Correct, there is no air suspension. Are you available by phone for a discussion or email better?

Thanks,