2023 5.7L E-torque P0301 Misfire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PhoSho

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Anyone had an issue with a P-0301 Cyl. 1 Misfire on the 5.7l E-torque? Dealer had the truck 26 days and changed an injector, fixed a short, and gave it back. Initial problem was misfiring on the highway and when under a load it would just bog down and not go. At lower speeds a misfire was noticeable. Once picked up from the dealer I made it 10 miles and the problem came back. Now the dealer has it back and is claiming they're waiting on a coil pack to fix the issue. It's been another 7 days and this whole time they won't provide a loaner, so I have been out of my own pocket for a rental. At this point should I contact FCA and complain or is it worth my time? Seems like a fuel issue to me but hoping the coil pack fixes the issue. Truck is 4 months old and about 10k miles if inquiring minds want to know.

Wmjohn

Reaction score
Ram Year
You call 800 Ram number and start a case in Tuesday. If the first person won't approve a loaner, ask for a supervisor.

I had a long term tranny problem at 59k, created a case, and they paid 3 weeks of rentals. This is similar except you have a new truck.

Ram Cares should step in except it's a holiday. Suggest you pm them in this forum. It's not a close call. Dealer is treating you way wrong.

Ramallan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Anyone had an issue with a P-0301 Cyl. 1 Misfire on the 5.7l E-torque? Dealer had the truck 26 days and changed an injector, fixed a short, and gave it back. Initial problem was misfiring on the highway and when under a load it would just bog down and not go. At lower speeds a misfire was noticeable. Once picked up from the dealer I made it 10 miles and the problem came back. Now the dealer has it back and is claiming they're waiting on a coil pack to fix the issue. It's been another 7 days and this whole time they won't provide a loaner, so I have been out of my own pocket for a rental. At this point should I contact FCA and complain or is it worth my time? Seems like a fuel issue to me but hoping the coil pack fixes the issue. Truck is 4 months old and about 10k miles if inquiring minds want to know.
Dealing with that same code right now my water pump went bad on the road and i had to drive with the engine pretty hot (but not redline) for about an hour home. unfortunately my issue is a blown head gasket. Ignition coils are also a common cause for a misfire. If you’re truck is brand new it could be many things but they should check the injector they just put in because that would make the most sense and also run some tests like they did to mine. If i was you i’d already be upset about waiting 26 days for just those issues, so i dont know who fca is but id remember their number for sure.
Best of luck

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat