Misalignment New 2023 Laramie 2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yourcakeisready

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Turbo
Hi all — I recently purchased a brand new 2023 Laramie 2500 w/ cummins with 15 miles on the odometer. Truck brand new. When I drove it off the lot and onto the highway I noticed the wheel would sit at 2 o’clock to drive straight. I wasn’t sure if this was due to the roads in Long Island or if it needed to be broken in first. Dealer is 3hr away so I don’t want to drive back. I’m now at around ~800 miles and the truck is still not aligned properly straight from the factory. The wheel also feels loose to me when making turns, not sure how to explain it. Any help here? Do I have to pay out of pocket for something that should’ve been dealt with since factory? Tried messaging @RamCares and haven’t heard back.

Also having some potential other issues that I’ll probably need to make another thread.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Needs go straight back to dealer. Wheel at 2:00 oh heck no

OP
OP
Y

yourcakeisready

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Turbo
Needs go straight back to dealer. Wheel at 2:00 oh heck no

Any dealer? Would they take care of it not to charge? Not sure if it’s a bigger issue because why would my wheel sit between 1 and 2 o’clock straight from factory.

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ditto back to the dealer for this problem, beware there was a drag link problem on the later 2500, this may be why your alignment is off, make sure your truck has the jam nuts on the drag link to lock it into place, they were putting a bead of weld on it after adjusting it, there was a recall done W the new style drag link.

OP
OP
Y

yourcakeisready

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Turbo
Ditto back to the dealer for this problem, beware there was a drag link problem on the later 2500, this may be why your alignment is off, make sure your truck has the jam nuts on the drag link to lock it into place, they were putting a bead of weld on it after adjusting it, there was a recall done W the new style drag link.

This doesn’t sound promising. Any pic of what you’re referencing?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357