2023 Ram steering issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DanF24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I have a 2023 RAM 1500 4x4. It has a steering issue since I purchased it new. The steering catches when turning left. The dealer says it was an alignment issue. They aligned it and it helped but the steering still has a catch in it just when going left. The other issue is the left turn signal does not disengage all the time. Any thoughts on this are appreciated. Thank you

Mike Wenrich

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2004.5, 2023 RAM 2500 Laramie 4x4
Engine
5.9 Diesel, 6.4 Hemi
I cannot exactly address the 1500's but I have an outstanding/open recall on my 2023 2500 for a problem with the electronic steering. And my left turn signal does not always cancel either. Dealer told me the steering issue has something to do with the computer module causing some trucks to suddenly veer from straight forward while driving. Yikes!!! Has not happened to me but will be addressed when I go in for an oil change soon.

ultivssl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
Hmm, that actually sounds like it's an issue with the signal arm catch binding with the steering wheel column.

I have no idea how it is in our trucks, but I do know in the caravans and a bunch of other non-chrysler vehicles, when you flip the signal stalk, it pushes out a little plastic piece towards the steering column shaft. The shaft has knobs on it that when it's turned it'll push on the plastic piece and that will cause the turn signal arm to return. I had to replace the whole signal arm because that plastic piece was broken so it wouldn't cancel the turn signals at all.