2023 Laramie GT ordered and VIN received

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommydent

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey there! I am new to the forum and want to get into the Ram community. I built a 2023 Laramie GT with pretty much every option i could add and am looking really excited to bring it home. Im in central Florida and have yet to see one here! I have my VIN so next step is production i assume. This will be my first custom ordered truck after many dealer inventory purchases. I will update as i get info. Thanks!

oe542bob

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi eTorque 5.7
Sounds great. Would have been my choice too, but I ended up ordering a Longhorn instead. Good luck with it.
Hope it doesn’t take as long as it did when I ordered my ‘22.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
follow your truck through the process

this is what they are Assembling for you

when did you place your order ?

It is one of the last 2023 Rams that will be built

KWal

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Be sure to post pics!
Everyone loves new truck day. Hope you love it as much as I do mine.

OP
OP
T

tommydent

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Delivery day came! Awesome truck and everything i was hoping for. So many features and the best part is that no one has any idea what a Ram GT even is! Im thinking it will be a rare build and especially with pretty much every option you can order. Ive never seen another 5th gen with heads up display. Build quality seems top notch20230720_073408.jpg20230721_202657.jpg

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
can anyone tell me the need for any Heads Up Display

I can't just picture someone trying to read that display, when in heavy traffic

Is it easier than a quick glance at the EVIC ?

The early morning & late afternoon sun would block any chance of seeing it

ColesRAM

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8
For an automobile, HUD is a neat gimmick. My wife has it on her Volvo, she doesn’t use it or like it. I have it set up for when I drive. Its more useful for hi-way driving, not so much for city driving. A HUD was essential for some aircraft I flew.

itzmillertyme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Delivery day came! Awesome truck and everything i was hoping for. So many features and the best part is that no one has any idea what a Ram GT even is! Im thinking it will be a rare build and especially with pretty much every option you can order. Ive never seen another 5th gen with heads up display. Build quality seems top notchView attachment 525072View attachment 525073
G/ Package
Leather-faced/Vinyl bucket seats heated and ventilated
Underseat lighting
Mopar off-road truck all-weather floor Mats
Performance pages
Mopar Cold Air Intake System
G/T decal
Passive cold end exhaust
Leather-wrapped steering wheel
Steering wheel-mounted shift control
Radio, driver seat, mirrors & pedals memory setting
Power adjustable pedals with memory
Mopar bright pedal kit
Front ventilated seats
3.92 rear axle ratio
Power, 4-way passenger lumbar adjust
Power 8-way Driver/ Passenger seats
Sport performance hood

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
can anyone tell me the need for any Heads Up Display

I can't just picture someone trying to read that display, when in heavy traffic

Is it easier than a quick glance at the EVIC ?

The early morning & late afternoon sun would block any chance of seeing it

Yes it's faster. It floats in your field of view, so you don't have to 'glance' anywhere. I have on in my car and can see my tach and my speed in my field of view while also watching traffic. It's not needed per se, but I like it and it's fun.

Sunlight doesn't "block" it. It's a monitor in your dash that's reflected off your windshield. I can see mine at any time, but it is adjustable for brightness, focus, and exact location.

OP
OP
T

tommydent

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So here's an update on the truck so far ... First off it is light years ahead of my 2014 F150 which i just sold. Build quality and all else are so much better, but i expected that with almost 10 years between the trucks. I drove a new F150 Platinum just before i ordered the Ram and it just didnt impress me. Build quality was not as nice as the Ram ( The console power fold shifter felt like a toy ... The TRX shifter which comes as part of the GT package is precise and rock solid ). The seats in my truck are identical to The TRX seats and far more comfortable than the F150. Another thing is I have a hard time going away from the sound of a V8 so a turbocharged 6cyl just wasnt cutting it either. Overall i am so glad i built the Ram. I just installed the Pedal Commander and i have to say it is a night and day difference! It not only changes the pedal response but it also brings the shift points to exactly where you would want them. I put a few hundred miles on before the install but the trans didnt seem to learn what i was looking for as far as shifting. Sport level 1 is a perfect match for me. I just had a Ceramic coating applied and i will post pics soon. It makes a big difference in the appearance of the paint in addition to the protection. 5 years hydrophobic is the warranty on the application. Next on my list is a mod for the subwoofer ... The enclosure on the Harmon Kardon system is not nearly rigid enough. I'm going to add polyfil inside the enclosure, wrap the exterior of it with 100 mil kilmat to increase mass, and fabricate a metal strap that will come over the face of the sub and support the housing and tie it in to the rear cab panel. You can actually watch the sub box vibrate furiously at certain frequencies the way it is now! The mods should improve its performance in a huge way. Im thinking the shallow design driver isnt terrible it just needs some assistance!

NCRaineman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So the GT is a TRX minus the Hellcat engine?