2023 Laramie GT ordered and VIN received

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So here's an update on the truck so far ... First off it is light years ahead of my 2014 F150 which i just sold. Build quality and all else are so much better, but i expected that with almost 10 years between the trucks. I drove a new F150 Platinum just before i ordered the Ram and it just didnt impress me. Build quality was not as nice as the Ram ( The console power fold shifter felt like a toy ... The TRX shifter which comes as part of the GT package is precise and rock solid ). The seats in my truck are identical to The TRX seats and far more comfortable than the F150. Another thing is I have a hard time going away from the sound of a V8 so a turbocharged 6cyl just wasnt cutting it either. Overall i am so glad i built the Ram. I just installed the Pedal Commander and i have to say it is a night and day difference! It not only changes the pedal response but it also brings the shift points to exactly where you would want them. I put a few hundred miles on before the install but the trans didnt seem to learn what i was looking for as far as shifting. Sport level 1 is a perfect match for me. I just had a Ceramic coating applied and i will post pics soon. It makes a big difference in the appearance of the paint in addition to the protection. 5 years hydrophobic is the warranty on the application. Next on my list is a mod for the subwoofer ... The enclosure on the Harmon Kardon system is not nearly rigid enough. I'm going to add polyfil inside the enclosure, wrap the exterior of it with 100 mil kilmat to increase mass, and fabricate a metal strap that will come over the face of the sub and support the housing and tie it in to the rear cab panel. You can actually watch the sub box vibrate furiously at certain frequencies the way it is now! The mods should improve its performance in a huge way. Im thinking the shallow design driver isnt terrible it just needs some assistance!
Nice! What coating did you have applied?

OP
OP
T

tommydent

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yes its definitely not a TRX lol. It does use some of the interior components like the seats and console and maybe the aluminum pedal package if the TRX even comes standard with them. The cold air intake is unique with the GT package as well as the cold end exhaust. Im pretty sure they can both be ordered through the parts division but they are a fortune. Overall the GT package gives some nice additions to an already amazing truck. Oh and also the fact that almost no one has seen a GT on the street or in any of the dealers .... at least where im from

ViperRich

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 1500 Rebel G/T Night Edition
Engine
Hemi. 5.7 eTorque
Hey Tommydent - I got a Rebel G/T in March and absolutely love it! The shifter and the catback exhaust were key. The TRX seats are terrific. I just got back from a 2600 mile trip taking kida to college (towing a trailer) and the truck was very comfortable. I also put a Pedal Commander on and use Sport 1 setting. I has the dealer install power running boards (couldn't get them from the factory) and that's been huge with my passengers.

NCRaineman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Was gonna ask what a "cold end" exhaust is. I had the stock muffler on my '19 cut out and replaced with a Flowmaster 40-series and it sounds great.

OP
OP
T

tommydent

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just had the tint installed on the front windows and heat rejection film on the windshield. It makes a huge difference with heat coming through the windshield. Also I'm really loving the change with the pedal commander. It wakes up the throttle response but also changes the shift points which never seemed quite right. Sport level 1 is perfect for me.

Attachments

• 20230805_135535.jpg
    20230805_135535.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 6
OP
OP
T

tommydent

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I Missed a post asking what ceramic coating i applied. I used CQuartz UK 3.0 made by CarPro. We use this at my shop for our customers and have great results and durability with it. We have it applied to over 800 vehicles now and nothing but great customer feedback. Every shop has their preference of product but i've been very happy with CQuartz

G/T jonny

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi eTorque 5.7
Delivery day came! Awesome truck and everything i was hoping for. So many features and the best part is that no one has any idea what a Ram GT even is! Im thinking it will be a rare build and especially with pretty much every option you can order. Ive never seen another 5th gen with heads up display. Build quality seems top notchView attachment 525072View attachment 525073
O
Delivery day came! Awesome truck and everything i was hoping for. So many features and the best part is that no one has any idea what a Ram GT even is! Im thinking it will be a rare build and especially with pretty much every option you can order. Ive never seen another 5th gen with heads up display. Build quality seems top notchView attachment 525072View attachment 525073
any stats on how many Laramie G/T’s were built? I know the Rebel G/T is more common and the ordering window for Laramie G/T was short.

OP
OP
T

tommydent

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not sure how many were built but i'm thinking not many. Its a few thousand dollar option so it probably got passed over quite often - especially for dealer inventory orders. I ordered it from Mark Dodge in Lake Charles Louisiana and it was an awesome experience from initial order right through delivery. I had them deliver it from the dealership right to my door and it was so easy. One thing i was waiting to find out though ....Im not sure if the GT package is even available for 2024 .... Anybody try to order a 24?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinRam1500