2023 RAM 1500 Bighorn dash background color

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I recently installed a OEM trailer brake controller on my new 2023 RAM 1500.

When I first purchased it, the background for the digital speedo and radio screen were blue, like shown here.

When installing the brake controller, you have to disconnect the battery negative cable. When the installation was complete, I reconnected it and everything basically seemed fine. The above picture shows the backgtound blue color, I'm referring to. This picture was taken, immediately following installation. Not long after, the blue background went away and it now has a blackish background.

I've looked at all the settings and cannot get it to return to the blue background?

Any suggestions?

What am I doing wrong or what do I need to do to get it to return.

I had the dealer activate and register the trailer brake controller a couple weeks back. I did ask the service writer about it, and he seemed to think it was a nighttime screen thing. Admittedly, we didn't spend much time talking about it. Since then, I've driven it at night and the screen stays the same blackish background.

Thanks in advance...

Rich

20230922_174205.jpg

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I've looked at all the settings and cannot get it to return to the blue background?

Any suggestions?
This question has popped up before and it has something to do with the theme settings.
Have you tried changing the theme of the radio?

markabby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
open apps...go to "display"...and you should see "change theme"....select your color

OP
OP
R
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
open apps...go to "display"...and you should see "change theme"....select your color
I went there a couple of hours ago, per your suggestion. I had been there before, but wanted to try it again. It showed 4 different options. None of those options gave me the blue background. When I changed the radio screen background, the speedo area did not change at all to reflect whatever change I made to the radio theme.

OP
OP
R
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Let me add one more layer to this, which is starting to make me question my sanity!

After attempting once again to alter the theme to the blue background shown in the original first post (with no luck), I pulled the truck back into the garage. Prior to attempting the theme change today (which I did outside of the garage) I'd taken a picture of the speedo area to show the background.
It showed the only background that it now shows, which is basically blackish. There was some glare in that picture, so when I pulled it back in the garage, I decided to take another picture. As I'm looking at the speedo, its background looks blackish. As I look at it through the view screen on my phone, the background looks blue? When I took the picture in the garage, it looks blue?

I swear I remember seeing (without the phones camera) a blue background before? Now I'm beginning to question that!

Do any of you have the blue background on the radio screen and speedo that I've shown pictures of? It's starting to feel like I'm seeing things

Here's the pictures I took of the speedo outside the garage and then inside afterwards.

20231008_150723.jpg

20231008_153456.jpg

markabby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
maybe when the lights are on? i'm just guessing here