Steering Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rkbowles

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey Guys:
I have a 1999 Dodge Ram 1500 that has had steering issues since I bought it 4 years ago. I am constantly having to work the steering wheel to keep it going straight. Also when I hit a pothole with the passenger front tire, it becomes almost uncontrollable. No mechanic so far has been able to see any issues. Here is what I hae done:
Steering box replaced. (3 times)
Upper ball joints
Tires
front end alignment
shocks
Please help if you have had this issue. I am lost.

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey Guys:
I have a 1999 Dodge Ram 1500 that has had steering issues since I bought it 4 years ago. I am constantly having to work the steering wheel to keep it going straight. Also when I hit a pothole with the passenger front tire, it becomes almost uncontrollable. No mechanic so far has been able to see any issues. Here is what I hae done:
Steering box replaced. (3 times)
Upper ball joints
Tires
front end alignment
shocks
Please help if you have had this issue. I am lost.
Have you ever, as a kid, turned the handlebars and front wheel/fork on your bicycle and attempted to ride said bike and control it in a straight line?

Given no bent frame, broken, worn, or bent components on the front steering/ suspension, and hoping the rear diff is in proper square to the frame, you need someone who knows what they're doing to give a good alignment.

OP
OP
R

rkbowles

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am going to look into getting the frame checked, but it is like it won't straighten up on its own.

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am going to look into getting the frame checked, but it is like it won't straighten up on its own.
yea your going to need to get it ona alignment machine and have someone look at it avoid all quick lube shops ect find a private tire shop.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat