2024 Dodge Ram Revolution

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shaggy

Administrator/Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Ram Year
--
Engine
--
ramevimage.jpg

So we all knew Dodge would have to join in on the EV truck crowd, with Ford's F150 Lightning and Chevy's Silverado EV.

Here is a article from Car and Driver talking about what they are doing with the Ram Revolution. Now the truck mqy not be called Revolution as it is more of a url based site to get some feedback from owners and fans.

www.RamRevolution.com

Last edited:

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Hmmm... Why does the link come up as "about:blank#blocked" with no content?

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I get the same thing, the address bar says blocked and there is a blank white screen.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Try this link

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have been reading about the range extender accessory, also known as a gasoline engine, that will be available for the vehicle. With something like that it certainly would get my interest up a little bit, but it also is kind of lame because that will take away bedspace and I always need the full eight feet of my bed in a truck. If I were to even think about buying this, it would be as a second vehicle and that kind of defeats the purpose. But, still interesting and we'll see where it goes.

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Administrator/Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Ram Year
--
Engine
--
I fixed the link and added the Ram Revolution url.

Words cannot express how little I care about EVs...

I know EVs are boring, but they will be all over the place in 10 years. I just hope we still see gas motors being developed at the same time, but I doubt it.

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
they are new technology and there will be a market for them. I wont buy one in my lifetime but they will be a good fit for others. my only gripe is the government forcing them on us. consumers are always motivated enough to buy stuff if they want it or need it. I dont like the collusion between the auto mfrs and the politicos on this. in my area there is currently a barrage of ads pushing these things while there is a shortage of traditionally powered vehicles supposedly due to chip shortages..I guess an all electric car full of pc boards and giant full color monitors and other video and lighting enhancements somehow needs fewer chips..who'da thunk it.

Andrew Austin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Technology is going in that direction and the days of carbon fuel are clearly numbered. Let’s just hope the technology is developed enough to have the same, or better, capabilities than what our current gasoline engines offer. I expect that my next truck will be completely electric. A hundred and twenty years ago people thought the new “horseless carriage” would never catch on. They were quickly proven wrong.

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8

When preforming a search on Dodge RAM the results are trucks models of all years but Dodge RAM EV the results are all Dodge vehicles other than trucks
When using RAM truck EV the results are smokey pictures of headlamps and tail lights…

Last edited:

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8

I know EVs are boring, but they will be all over the place in 10 years. I just hope we still see gas motors being developed at the same time, but I doubt it.
I would look toward the technology the
MITSUBISHI TRITON PHEV TRUCK
and where it’s going and perhaps a crossover towards its shared technology
with FCA
Mitsubishi is planing to release a 1 ton version on the Triton PHEV that is longer with a wider wheel base with very closely protected body design projected release dates if 2023 in AU

54D674B6-A1D6-432A-9DFA-2E82F1ED7EC5.jpeg
quote” The publication from down under spoke to the Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross’s chief engineer, Masahiro Awano, in December 2020, who said that they were studying a variety of plug-in hybrid powertrain options including tri-motor and quad-motor setups which could form the basis for performance-oriented models too. Thus, the Triton could become the world’s first mainstream hybrid 1-tonne light commercial vehicle.“
EA8A41BA-6289-46CF-B8D3-A5063C4DA58E.jpeg
3ACC2043-C5D4-4576-A777-F6C8F69FF580.jpeg
“The next-gen Mitsubishi Triton, at some point in its lifecycle, could acquire a sporty Ralliart variant that goes up against the Ford Ranger Raptor. During the announcement of FY2020 Financial Results, Mitsubishi confirmed that it’s relaunching the Ralliart division and teased a current-gen Triton Ralliart.”
RAM TRUCK PHEV

RAM 1200

RAM DAKOTA

Mitsubishi Pistachio

During Lee Iacoco’s presidency of Chrysler he sought the help of Heavy Industries Giant Mitsubishi Motors Division
with the tougher and more restrictive US emissions regulations
In 1999 they made a vehicle called the pistachio but only a small production run to prove the possibility of a near zero emissions internal combustion engine that tested at 70 MPG … with a 5 gallon fuel tank that’s a range of 350 miles

C65A47E6-E705-4842-8FBE-BCCFB50693EB.jpeg
With some of this technology such as the automatic stop - go ASG “ a system which turns off the engine while the vehicle is stationary and automatically restarts it when the clutch is depressed.”
Aluminum hood , aluminum wheels have been adopted by late model RAM’s.
2021 RAM PHEV
With the advent and adoption of the ZF line of transmissions I believe the next step is creating a better (synthetic) fuel that us independent of the petroleum industry to create a vehicle that surpasses or matches the EV industry

Last edited:

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7

Politics change, that will determine what happens over the next 10 years.

markabby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EV's are trendy, but i would never buy a used one of any brand. The batteries cost an average of $20,000. So, buy used you might be in for a shock. that being said, would that effect the actual trade in value? I mean, who wants to buy a used EV, only to find out you have to replace thee batteies? And, if you bought a new EV for, say, $60,000, would the dealer offer you a fair trade in value?

Also, an EV requires a charging station of 75 amps. You have to hire an electrician to wire up your garage for this because you just can't plug them into a 120 volt outlet because it would take at least 2 days to fully charge. So, figure out an additional cost of $2500 to $5,000 . And keep in mind there have been many garage fires they don't report with EV's catching fire while charging. (friend of mine is a firefighter)

If the Ram truck is a hybrid, meaning it will run on gas or electric, i might be interested, but, i doubt i'd buy of lrease one. IF i did lease or buy i'd have to have a lot of warranty questions...in writing..about all that's covered, including the trade in value.

Another thing to consider is that with a possible change in government, gas prices might go back down because the pipelines would be opened once again.

Just my opinions.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Not a political thing, just a statement that less than 10% of oil leases are on Federal lands. Companies could be pumping out oil like crazy right now, that never changed. What did happen is things like fracking took off and everybody jumped in full bore. Then things crashed and it all dropped like a rock. Now, drilling is more conservative to keep a steady supply to better manage profit levels over the long term rather than go full tilt and possibly overextend again. Wall Street has spoken, all the billionaires and fund holders demand that disciplined drilling be maintained for them to invest again. It is actually pretty smart and focused, not descriptive words that usually collide in the same sentence with investors, and worth reading about.

What is a bad decision is increasing ethanol in the gas. This is just trading one problem for another. And it plays havoc with boats and prevents one from filling anywhere other than a marina.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Yeah, the real issue is the wild commodity swings in demand and prices. If that could ever be evened out, life would be better for all. Instead, we have absurd booms, busts, and suffering. Well, a couple get rich, I suppose.

They tried adding futures speculation to damp the peaks - it worked a little, but congress opened it up to 70% speculation and it went bonkers.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Yes - concerns over frack fluids flowing into aquifers over time, and earthquakes in some locales.

Here in upper midwest, in the 'driftless' (unglaciated) hills is very ancient soils, including very fine sands worn down over time - perfect for frack mud mix. There are little sand mines all around. Some residents resented oil service companies excavating huge gashes near them and just leaving them. No reclamation required.

Anyway, the oil companies ain't budging - they either overreact, or undereact, like today. A sordid industry.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Now here is an interesting thing. North Carolina has a bill that says if any one offers free charging for a car it also must provide free gas. For a private business that receives no money from the state, that could be an overstretch. But for a business that accepts state grants, etc. or for public places like rest stops, this is an interesting concept. It is a thought-provoking idea that public funds should not support people on an inequitable manner by giving "fuel" to some travelers while not offering the same option to others.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Here is another question I thought of. If someone comes to visit, do I let them plug in and "fill up" their electric vehicle. I don't go to someone else's house and ask for a couple gallons of gasoline.

I'm inclined not to let that happen. Not to be selfish or a jerk, but I think that owning any transportation mode is a lifestyle choice and it's up to the individual to maintain everything on it, including the energy source. I imagine the day is coming when that will happen and already trying to think of how I'm going to respond. So far I have come up with "I haven't seen the gas pump for my truck at your house, next time I come to visit you'll have to point it out".

If they pull out a $20 bill or have some cold adult beverages on the counter before they ask, I'm sure my answer would adjust accordingly. One just has to make the effort to show that there isn't an expectation that their ability to quote about how cheap it is to run their vehicle and it becomes in part due to me subsidizing that.