-20f cold start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Windchill only affects how fast it cools off,it doesn't change the ambient outdoor temp,truck is only feeling 5F not -20F,especially nosed up against a wall,where the wind isn't getting at it.Wait till it's -40 with windchills of -50 or more,and it's parked out on the street to do a cold start unplugged,then we'll be impressed :waytogo: 5F is shorts and t-shirt weather up here:Big Laugh:You should change your video from -20 as it's not -20 as far as the truck is concerned

Last edited:

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
..... :waytogo: 5F is shorts and t-shirt weather up here...
Iowawegans ain't that tough.

5 above F is pants weather AND I'm wearing 2 T-shirts, underneath a twill or canvas long sleeve.
If going outside, a Carhart jacket or insulated flannel over shirt.

Though we do save the actual Winter coats for below 0 F temps,
I've also been known to wear the Carhart insulated Bibs
when snow blowing and it will come back on me.

Nothing better than freshly Waxed & Waterproofed, Brown Duck, to keep that melting snow from soaking me, to the bone.
Old School, little more effort, keeping it freshly waxed and waterproofed but never stinks, like Synthetics always do.

Did I mentioned Darn Tough Wool Socks?
Love them things.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Best investment i've made was buying a high priced set of winter boots rated to -70,damn things are heavy as h!ll,but worth it.As long as i keep the feet and hands warm,i'm usually okay to -25 with just cover-alls and a good jacket,below that the insulated Car Harts come out,and the hand warmers go in the mitts,lol

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was gonna make a -40 Cold start video. Truck sounded like ****. So I didnt post it... lol..

So I parked it back inside where it belongs.

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
my daughters honda crv started after sitting in a frozen parking lot all night with no block heater. she called to tell me it sounded a little rough. She actually had to cold morning starts in a row as she is a traveling medical worker and I think first morning was minus 26 and second minus 39F that is not with wind chill but ambient temps. My youngest was minus 43F she did not even try and start her car :).
24758.jpeg