3.5 ready lift clunking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scoot33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone had the original top strut studs through top spacer that were too long and rattling on the top strut cup or shock tower?

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just had the 4" SST kit installed on my 4th gen. Mine clunked but I found out they had my 5100's @2.8 on the front instead of being returned to stock height per the instructions. Once they lowered that the clunk went away.

My plastic wheel well liner was moving too making noise.

OP
OP
scoot33

scoot33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I tore mine apart today, took the strut out and cut the original studs down. I should have taken a couple pictures but I *think* the rattle is gone.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I tore mine apart today, took the strut out and cut the original studs down. I should have taken a couple pictures but I *think* the rattle is gone.
Is this on a 5th gen? We’ve had rusting issues with them at my shop. I have never had to cut a shaft down

OP
OP
scoot33

scoot33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is this on a 5th gen? We’ve had rusting issues with them at my shop. I have never had to cut a shaft down

Yes, 5th gen. I took the struts out and cut original 3 top studs down. All good now. Before they stuck up above the aluminum lift spacer on top of strut.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Yes, 5th gen. I took the struts out and cut original 3 top studs down. All good now. Before they stuck up above the aluminum lift spacer on top of strut.
Ohhh I read it wrong I see what you did makes sense