3 Customer Reviews & Dash Intall Pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TLC John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006 RAM 1500
Engine
Hemi
FYI.....3 customer reviews and pics of custom dash install they did.

First 3 pics are from RB; then 1 from JJ and last from Chuck (used slot where trailer brake controller installs). (pics best available at present).

1)

John,

Thanks for the info. I will apply your recommendations. I am very happy with the product so far. Please see attached Pic of how I installed the gauge, switch and pressure relief valve on my console.

JJ

2)

Added Total Load Control Airbags, the result...
Two weeks ago I installed the TLC airbags on my 2010 1500 Sport 4x4. I got the chance to test them out this last weekend. My setup is a Keystone passport 195 with a total weight right around 6k and another 2-300 lbs in the back of the truck. I have a weight distribution hitch and originally had the airlift 1000's in the coil. Prior to TLC I was dissatisfied with the sag I got and the drive was pretty bouncy when going over bumps. The sag was enough that my headlights would blind oncoming traffic and I got flashed pretty regularly.

The TLC bags made a huge difference in my ride this trip. At 25 lbs of pressure, not only did they level the truck but also put a bit of a rake back in the stance. The ride firmed up great and bumps did not bounce the truck at all. The compressor worked great and I never lost any pressure throughout the weekend. If you are considering buying airbags then I would definitely recommend TLC. They were great to work with, shipped fast, and really take pride in their product. I am very satisfied with them... Well worth the money!

I have installed other systems on older rams, a Toyota Tacoma, and Toyota Tundra (previous vehicles and family member's vehicles). I'd say the install for this took me about the same time overall, but for different reasons. The install of the bags was easy and took less then 1 hour. The hardest part with the bags is putting a bolt on the driver's side because access is an issue. The rest of the install took me around 6-7 hours additional. All of the other systems I have dealt with have been controlled wirelessly so I haven't had to bring any hoses or wires through the firewall or had to permanently mount the gauge/controller.

I wanted to make the gauge, switch and dump valve look as integrated and factory as much as possible, so I took a lot of extra time figuring out what would work best for me. So, here are some quick pics from my phone with what I ended up with. I decided to mount the gauge on the center console on the passengers side. I originally wanted it on the drivers side but there are some mechanisms for the shifter that run under the console and so there wasn't enough space. I put the switch and dump valve on the bottom panel above the gas pedal, next to where I have my trailer brake controller mounted. Hopefully that gives you some point of reference because the pics aren't all that clear.

I didn't use any special tools and I am just a DIY'er. First I popped off the chrome piece that rings the console then there are 4 screws if I remember right. Two under the cubby hole at the front and then two under the drink holders. You can then pop the top portion of the console up and rotate it off. I then figured out where i wanted it and then drilled a pilot hole. You can then use an auger bit or a hole saw type bit to drill out the size of the gauge. My bit wasn't quite big enough so I used a dremel tool with a sander bit on it to fine tune it so the gauge would drop in. You can then use the mount that comes with the set to secure it to the console. It worked well and is secure.

RB

3)

Hi Vern –

I got your telephone invitation to meet y’all in Phoenix this weekend – thanks.

I’m working high atop Mt. Alison, overlooking San Jose California for a couple of weeks – so I won’t be able to make it to Phoenix. Damn –

Since the last time we spoke, or corresponded, I have put the rig to a real test. The attached photo shows how it looked the other day on my way out here – 1800 lbs car, the two gang boxes up front on the trailer weighed about 350 lbs each, and I had the bed of the truck completely filled with another 600 lbs or so.

Despite all that load, I ran only about 30 psi to level the rig and provide a silky smooth ride – the system works very well.

After I got here, I off-loaded the car and gang boxes, then proceeded to haul a variety of loads up to the top of this mountain – only 2400 feet or so, but a short, rough, dirt road all the way. The heaviest was thirty 19.5’ sections of 6” transmission line, total 3600 lbs. No issues there either – 30 psi and 4-wheel drive made it all easy.

BTW, I did meet a guy at a gas station in Needles, hauling a GTO back from a show in ‘Vegas, with a butt-sagging Ram 1500 up front – I had him crawling under mine to see the magic – I gave him your name and told him how to reach you – hope you made a sale.

Anyway, I am completely satisfied with my TLC system – thanks again

Chuck

Attachments

• TLC Install 1.2.jpg
    TLC Install 1.2.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 130
  • TLC Install 3.jpg
    TLC Install 3.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 126
  • T.png
    T.png
    16 KB · Views: 117