3 Weeks Old And I Got Hit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Informal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I posted a thread several months back about my 2013 Ram ( before it's first oil change) getting reamed by a drunk driver.

I now have a brand new 2015.... My advice, get a good lawyer.
This was my first time suing someone, and I've been hit almost a dozen times over the last several decades.

When I was younger, I didn't have newer cars, so getting hit didn't **** me off as bad.. But as I got older and started driving more expensive cars/trucks, it really ticked me off how big a hit I was taking (because of the collision showing up on carfax etc..) when it came time to sell them.

After taking a $4000 (under book) hit selling my wife's rear-ended/repaired car...My Ram was the straw that broke the camels back, I asked the insurance company to pay me for my diminished value (I even provided a diminished value appraisal that I purchased) They just basically said, "We don't pay diminished value"

Yes they do! just not for THEIR at fault policy holders.
I'm not a litigious person, but I truly believe in "THE RIGHT TO BE MADE WHOLE AGAIN"

And slapping new panels/paint etc on my brand new truck and expecting me to eat the loss of value when I undoubtedly sell/trade it in 2-3 years was not working for me.

It took 6 months, but I got every penny of my diminished value, then got my new truck.