4 lo trying to engage at highway speeds?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

olboyowl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have a 2010 with 32k miles on it and like the title says, just about every morning on my way to or from work, the 4 lo light flashes several times, truck hesitates and then all is well. Its neen doing this for the past month or so and getting more and more frequent. Had it to the dealer and they couldnt get it to duplicate the issue after 30-40 miles (its about 10 miles one way to work). They also said it didnt store any codes in the ecm and the fluid was good. Anyone else ever hear of or experience this issue? I've only had the truck for about 3 monthsnow and want to get this taken care of. Only mods are a volant cai and a flowmaster muffler.

jlb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Do you have the 4auto feature? I have not ever heard of this issue.

OP
OP
O

olboyowl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
No, just 2hi, 4hi, 4lo and nuetral. Its done it 2 more times since i've posted the thread. I had an issue sort of similiar to this one with my old 07 cummins. I know they have differents transmission and wiring but the problem ended up being a chauffed/corroded wire on the main harness. I take it back in to the dealer tomorrow so "they can have more time with it". I'll post up the findings if any.

OP
OP
O

olboyowl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Im not tryin to shift it. The truck is tryin to shift into 4 lo on its own. Its usually between 55-65 mph with the cruise set. It has tried to shift into 4 lo on backroads too goin about 35-45 mph, but mainly happens on the interstate.

MoparMulisha

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Im not tryin to shift it. The truck is tryin to shift into 4 lo on its own. Its usually between 55-65 mph with the cruise set. It has tried to shift into 4 lo on backroads too goin about 35-45 mph, but mainly happens on the interstate.

****, never had this issue with either of my trucks so hopefully they find something out because those speeds are a little high to be shifting into 4wd. Best of luck and let us know what they find out.

OP
OP
O

olboyowl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Yeah, i really like this truck. I hope they come up with something. I'll keep u guys posted.

OP
OP
O

olboyowl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Well dealer got the truck to act up. They said it was the shift motot on the t-case. Goin back in to have it replaced on wednesday.