Lifted Ram swaying at high speeds or heavy load

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gage H

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys,
I have a 2015 Ram 1500 with a Maxtrac suspension. I’ve experienced some pretty bad sway, mostly at high speeds or when the bed has a heavy load. I’ve tightened these bolts on the right with a breaker bar and it temporarily fixes the issue, until it loosens up again.

What exactly is this component (circled)? And any other advice to bring a less wiggly ride? Lift is only 2.5/4.5 I believe

Attachments

• IMG_5006.jpeg
    IMG_5006.jpeg
    196.4 KB · Views: 17

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Trackbar bolts just dont loosen unless they arent torque properly.

Id get new bolts since they probbaly got buggered up if they were loose. Send it with a 1/2 Milwaukee impact and some red loctite :anitoof:

Also check those trackbar bushings as well. Those factory bars bushings are soft AF.

Most lift kit just come with the bare minimum. a properly lifted truck should have good aftermarket Track Bars and 4 link.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gage H

Gage H

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Alright, thanks. I bought it with the lift. When I push the truck side to side, that right side pivots and open/closes

OP
OP
Gage H

Gage H

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Missing 3rd bolt?

Attachments

• IMG_5035.jpeg
    IMG_5035.jpeg
    80.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_5034.jpeg
    IMG_5034.jpeg
    148.9 KB · Views: 19

mrack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wasn’t lifted at the time, but I had quite a bit of sway during maneuvers at highway speeds such as in construction zones after 100k on my stock suspension. I got a Hellwig sway bar set at the stiffest setting, adjustable sway links, adjustable freedom offroad track bar and new fox shocks as well as added a 1.5” coil spacer at the same time. Considered rear control arms also but didn’t end up needing them. Definitely handles way tighter now lol.

In your situation I’d get a Hellwig and new hardware for the track bar, maybe even a new track bar altogether.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Hey guys,
I have a 2015 Ram 1500 with a Maxtrac suspension. I’ve experienced some pretty bad sway, mostly at high speeds or when the bed has a heavy load. I’ve tightened these bolts on the right with a breaker bar and it temporarily fixes the issue, until it loosens up again.

What exactly is this component (circled)? And any other advice to bring a less wiggly ride? Lift is only 2.5/4.5 I believe
Give us more angles of that drop bracket Im guessing its missing some bolts. Pictures help a lot and we'll get you squared away

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Missing 3rd bolt?
Missing 2 or 3 bolts above the main bolt. Often not installed because you have to drill. Every hole in that drop bracket needs a bolt. Find ones that fit the hole best and torque to 35 ft lbs
I can see front and back 100% there may be another on the side.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
What is "heavily loaded"? (how much weight)

Edit: I saw the other picture where you are missing the bolt, that surely isn't helping. You can see where it has been moving

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Missing 3rd bolt?
Can you get a better picture of that drop bracket? Im not seeing a sleeve that the top bolt goes through. There should be a sleeve for the bracket to clamp down on

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357