5" Lift Rub

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DadRich

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Hey everyone,141258879_3912877458762465_2215868689781789923_n.jpg

I got the Rough Country 5" lift and have 37" Yokohama on it. I get a rub at full turn. Its that just little bit of the inner fender well with the bump out part.

What is some of the things you all have done to cure it?

SOKY_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I heated up plastic bumped out part with a heat gun and once it became pliable I inverted it inward.

OP
OP
DadRich

DadRich

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I heated up plastic bumped out part with a heat gun and once it became pliable I inverted it inward.

Good to go then now of no rub? Should have seen the face of the wife first time she rode in it and heard it.

SOKY_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Good to go then now of no rub? Should have seen the face of the wife first time she rode in it and heard it.

Very rarely does it rub now. Occasionally if im cutting wheel sharp onto an incline but its a lot better now. And my lift is only 4" with heavy bumper up front so you should be good to go. How much clearance do you have up front. I would have thought the valance on front bumper would need trimming.

MartyZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 5.7l Hemi
The lifts on HDs pull your tires toward the rear of the truck after so many inches (unless you got a long arm kit) your front valence is probably gonna be the last thing to need trimmed. I had to knock down the weld seam on my cab corners to properly clear 37" 13.5 with -24mm offset. There is a picture in my media gallery of the weld seam that needs to be modified. I still need to do the drivers side when I locate my angle grinder, ill do a quick write-up when I get to it. You could look into the long arm kits too if you don't want to trim metal. Zone makes one that is adjustable for 4-6" of lift and utilizes your OEM mounts at the frame so you don't need a drop-down bracket. It also gives you some more ground clearance. I've been eying them for a minute now.

https://sinisterdiesel.com/i-240881...it-for-2014-2017-dodge-ram-2500-3500-4wd.html

OP
OP
DadRich

DadRich

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Very rarely does it rub now. Occasionally if im cutting wheel sharp onto an incline but its a lot better now. And my lift is only 4" with heavy bumper up front so you should be good to go. How much clearance do you have up front. I would have thought the valance on front bumper would need trimming.
it doesnt seem to hit there

SOKY_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The lifts on HDs pull your tires toward the rear of the truck after so many inches (unless you got a long arm kit) your front valence is probably gonna be the last thing to need trimmed. I had to knock down the weld seam on my cab corners to properly clear 37" 13.5 with -24mm offset. There is a picture in my media gallery of the weld seam that needs to be modified. I still need to do the drivers side when I locate my angle grinder, ill do a quick write-up when I get to it. You could look into the long arm kits too if you don't want to trim metal. Zone makes one that is adjustable for 4-6" of lift and utilizes your OEM mounts at the frame so you don't need a drop-down bracket. It also gives you some more ground clearance. I've been eying them for a minute now.

https://sinisterdiesel.com/i-240881...it-for-2014-2017-dodge-ram-2500-3500-4wd.html

upload_2021-4-8_14-46-25.png

https://superlift.com/product-detai...1i85PnvFOqAGQsGWmN9UxKxK6vE_UBgBoC6IYQAvD_BwE

I have the superlift arms on mine so it may have pushed my axle a little farther forward.

MartyZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 5.7l Hemi
View attachment 243773

https://superlift.com/product-detai...1i85PnvFOqAGQsGWmN9UxKxK6vE_UBgBoC6IYQAvD_BwE

I have the superlift arms on mine so it may have pushed my axle a little farther forward.

Ah, yep. I'm not sure on that particular brand lift but they do move it forward to give you the camber adjustment needed and to clear the cab with wider tires at turning.
It also adds stability and better steering at higher speeds.
For the front valence, I just removed mine. It gives you better front clearance and lets you see more of that sexy lift and tires. ;)
You may also desire to trim your front splash guard a little at the bottom too, but that is more for aesthetics than functionality. After I removed the valence I could see my splash guards from the front of the truck. Had to dig out the shears.
:893Chainsaw-Smilie-

Edited: Just realized you have the heavy bumper. Ignore the valence part. lmao

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357