5th gen 1500 seat swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackMegaCab

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Just purchased 5th gen 2019 1500 heated cooled seats im swapping into my 2008 megacab.
Does anyone have wiring diagrams for 2019 1500 seats? Only one I can find is in another thread but isnt the same large YELLOW connector that my new seats have. TIA

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Since you're asking for 5th gen diagrams it might make more sense to ask in 5th gen....

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
If 5th gen seats are anything like 4th gen seats, that yellow connector is primarily for the seat airbag and other less important/irrelevant things for our trucks. I don't have anything plugged into that yellow connector on my 2017 seats, just a 12v constant and a ground going through the other black/gray connector. That was enough to get the movement.

I don't think anyone has managed to get the heated/vented seats working though since its operated by a more sophisticated CAN-bus module strapped under the seat. You may be able to hard wire the actual power wires going to each element and use a separate controller, but idk of anyone whose actually done that.

OP
OP
B

BlackMegaCab

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I managed to get all seat movements working, forward, back, up, down, recline and lumbar. Im happy with that for the time being. Over the winter when I have more time Im gonna pull the seat harness apart and try bypass the HSM and all other stuff and just add switchs for the heated and cooled.

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
I managed to get all seat movements working, forward, back, up, down, recline and lumbar. Im happy with that for the time being. Over the winter when I have more time Im gonna pull the seat harness apart and try bypass the HSM and all other stuff and just add switchs for the heated and cooled.
If you get that figured out post it up! Thats something I and quite a few others would possibly be interested in doing as well