6.4 with long tubes and towing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Firebird

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi
Is anyone here running long tube headers and towing? I want to install them, and will keep the stock exhaust from cat back, but I do not want drone, would love the power though! I pull a 30’ triple slide camper, and really don’t care to make the truck loud inside. Thanks for any feedback.

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
What's the reason for wanting the long tubes? If your running the factory exhaust it should stay quiet but I dont see you getting much if any benefit from them. Also it would be a very custom job to do as the factory cats would have to be relocated along with o2 sensors. If your dead set on headers check shorties jba makes a nice set for the 5.7 so they might make a set for the 6.4 that away you can keep factory everything.

Wadejesu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nobody makes bolt on long or short tubes for the 6.4 yet, ARH is the closest but does not have the crossover for the 8 spd, ready yet, waiting on a test mule.

OP
OP
Firebird

Firebird

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi
Nobody makes bolt on long or short tubes for the 6.4 yet, ARH is the closest but does not have the crossover for the 8 spd, ready yet, waiting on a test mule.

Ok, thanks

Sandevino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
Wife always complains when towing as the sound bounces off trailer.

May leave next truck stock.....for the first time.

Mine loves the Hemi growl. She’s also a gear head. Hate me, you won’t be the first or last...lol