1 3/4" vs 1 7/8" long tubes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Can anyone tell me if there is actually any performance difference between 1 3/4" and 1 7/8" long tube headers?
I've got a fully forged 5.7 based 392 stroker long block built for boost by MMX going into a 2012 ram 1500 and I've finally got to where I can get it in the truck. The way my bank account is set up at the moment, I'm gonna run it N/A for a while. When I had the engine built I planned on running 1 7/8" JBA's but they don't make them anymore, Texas speed is out of stock and everyone else is super expensive. I found a set of new 1 3/4" on market place that won't break the bank but I don't want to restrict my motor so I'm kinda torn as to what to go with. Will it be fine with the 1 3/4" or should I just bite the bullet and get a set of 1 7/8"?
I tried to post this on the high performance ram page but they deleted it for some reason.
I also knew before I started building it that it ain't a cheap build just for the record.
If anyone has any real knowledge on this I'd love some feedback. Thanks

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If your going boost in the future the 1-7/8" is the way to go as it will no doubt make more power. The 1-3/4" wont hurt anything but horsepower. So either option will work, just one is the a better option for power.

If you want a price on quality long tubes send me a message. We offer great pricing on Stainless Works and American Racing Headers.

Last edited: