6.7l glitches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tom-AG5GY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 6.7l 2007 Ram 3500 dually Mega cab. I have it equipped with the Edge Juice system that
gives me real time views of the engine alarms. It has 335K miles on it.

I'm currently having the following problems

1. Sometimes when the regen process begins I get the dreaded red lightning bolt (Electronic Throttle Control - ETC) which only allows about 1000 to 1200 RPM. I pull over shut down the engine and that clears the alarm.

2. I recently replaced the stock fuel pump as it had failed. The Edge has fuel pressure sensors (both
lift pump and rail pump sensors). Normally when I drive I have no fuel pressure issue's
(lift pump pressure between 8 to 14 P.S.I. Rail Pressure tops out around 26k p.s.i.
When I'm pulling my RV I sometimes I get a low lift pump fuel pressure code. This doesn't happen at max load but in normal highway speeds and load. This doesn't happen all the time and when it does the fuel pressure monitor remains around 10 p.s.i. or so.

3. The third issue is while pulling the RV is at moderate load 40 to 60 mph with normal accelerator foot pressure the engines acts like it has a bad miss. it starts jerking until I give it more fuel or slow down.

Any thoughts?

Thanks Tom

Fuel35 67

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Have you checked the MAF sensor?

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Are any codes set?

OP
OP
T

Tom-AG5GY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That's one sensor I haven't replaced probably a good next step.. I'll let you know

Thanks
Tom

OP
OP
T

Tom-AG5GY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No codes normally.. The low fuel pressure code doesn't seem to have anything to do with the ETC error

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedFlameRam