65rfe is crap. need a solution

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mondo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2wd express rcsb
Engine
I was quoted $10k for a stock NAG1 from them and $17k for their built NAG1.
I find that hard to believe. Was that just to purchase trans? Or was that installed and made to work?

TylerB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I find that hard to believe. Was that just to purchase trans? Or was that installed and made to work?
That was straight from the owner who has done a couple NAG1 swap. That's to get installed and working flawlessly like it came from the factory like that, no codes and the electric gear select still works.

mondo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2wd express rcsb
Engine
That was straight from the owner who has done a couple NAG1 swap. That's to get installed and working flawlessly like it came from the factory like that, no codes and the electric gear select still works.
Yeah. I know who he is. I understand now why its that price.
He also stuffed a hellcat motor in a wk1 and made it all work. They, Jim and AJ, know their ****.

TylerB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah. I know who he is. I understand now why its that price.
He also stuffed a hellcat motor in a wk1 and made it all work. They, Jim and AJ, know their ****.
Oh yeah for sure they do, they'd be the only ones I trust with it. I just can't do it, I don't love my truck that much to drop twice it's worth into a trans, if be better off spending that on an 8spd truck.

Hot94Z28

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Oh yeah for sure they do, they'd be the only ones I trust with it. I just can't do it, I don't love my truck that much to drop twice it's worth into a trans, if be better off spending that on an 8spd truck.

Just curious how much power can the 8-speed handle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Just curious how much power can the 8-speed handle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's got a 516 lb-ft rating. Ideally it should be built to handle at least 20% more then that for short periods.