66rfe transmission cooler thermostatic bypass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

montanaoldtimer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Iam replacing my transmission thermostatic cooler with the bypass valve. when looking at different brands, I found one that just requires removing the valve from the orginal block and replacing it with a plug that permanently allows flow through the cooler. Will this allow as much flow through the block as a complete block replacement. I am thinking the new bypass block may have a larger port for oilflow. Has anyone tried this? Thanks for all replies

17Ramguy78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Iam replacing my transmission thermostatic cooler with the bypass valve. when looking at different brands, I found one that just requires removing the valve from the orginal block and replacing it with a plug that permanently allows flow through the cooler. Will this allow as much flow through the block as a complete block replacement. I am thinking the new bypass block may have a larger port for oilflow. Has anyone tried this? Thanks for all replies
For the design of the truck will leave it be.

Last edited: