8.25 corporate front differential questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1978Z1R

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Greetings
Getting close to finishing a frame off restore of my 2002 Dodge 1500 SLT. Rebuilt the engine and transmission and transfer case and rear end. I am having a hard time finding what others did with the front end as far as axle bearing replacement. The truck was jacked up with the torsion bars and chewed through CV axles until I recognized that it was turned up to far by the prior owner. How have you folks guaged when to tear into the front end and if so, where have you found bearing kits. I have new seals from Rock auto, just cant find the right axle bearing. I haven't had any troubles thus far, but have done 99% of the truck at this point and they seem to find the weak link in the chain.

Ole Buck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you are going to keep some lift on it go ahead and get some extended travel cv axels. I did a write up on this in the lifted section. As far as the front end I got a master install kit from Rock Auto. I was changing the ring and pinion and the bearings was part of the kit.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio