8.4 radio no music from iPhone issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kjvxr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Upgraded my small touchscreen radio in my 16 ram 2500 to the factory 8.4 inch. I have an iPhone that is just a year old. For the first two or three months I have the radio my phone connected and I can play my music and use my phone through the radio. All the sudden now I can’t use my iPhone or my girlfriends iPhone through my radio to play music. The phone works but no music. Other iPhones work no problem. WTH

bloup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Have you tried deleting the phone and repairing ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Kjvxr

Kjvxr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes I deleted the phone, reset the radio, reset the phone and siconected the truck battery as well

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I use Android Auto, but have read both have been wonky lately. Are both units updated with latest software? I have read that turning Siri and Bluetooth on and off might have an effect, but not sure with our units since we use cables. Your cable might be bad, try using a different one. Last idea is do a factory reset on your phone. Good luck.

OP
OP
Kjvxr

Kjvxr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have done factory reset on the radio and the phone. I didn’t know the radio could be updated I will have to do that

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
Does it work plugging in the iphone to usb. Can't remember if there is a check box for Bluetooth streaming in radio settings.i never had that issue and never had a iphone, so can't really help much.