Upgraded Radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Ramaford

Ramaford

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I don’t know how to enable it on my phone other than going to CarPlay and searching for my vehicle. I have the “enable projection” box checked on my uconnect.

OP
OP
Ramaford

Ramaford

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Should Bluetooth be on or off when plugged into USB port to get CarPlay?

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Which I Phone do you have?

How do I activate CarPlay on my iPhone?

If your car supports wireless CarPlay, press and hold the voice command button on your steering wheel to set up CarPlay. Or make sure that your car is in wireless or Bluetooth pairing mode. Then on your iPhone, go to Settings > General > CarPlay > Available Cars and choose your car.Aug 22, 2023

If U not have higher trim, then plug in USB into port as opposed to the wireless stuff. I have a lower trim Bighorn not have wireless capability on Carplay.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

OP
OP
Ramaford

Ramaford

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Just FYI, I can only connect to my radio through Bluetooth. If I tune my Bluetooth off and plug my phone into the usb, my radio doesn’t connect to it.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Do you know anyone else with an iphone or android that can try to connect to carplay or android auto?

OP
OP
Ramaford

Ramaford

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
My my wife just got new iPhones yesterday. I’ll try hers but I tried her old her phone last week as well with no luck. I don’t know anyone with an android or should I say close by me.

OP
OP
Ramaford

Ramaford

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
The only thing I can think of replacing is the wiring harness but is there any way of knowing if my existing harness is the wrong one? Are there specific colored wires or number of wires on male adapters that plug into the USB hub? I’m about done throwing more money into this thing just for CarPlay unless I know it will work.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I'm not sure what else to try at this point? I was convinced (given the symptoms) it was most likely the hub but that doesn't seem to be the case. I did this upgrade to my 2016 with no issues, just needed the correct USB hub and the harness adapter for it and everything worked (android auto and car play).

I didn't go back and read again but did you try a different cable (a genuine apple cable)? That's about the last thing I can think of.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
My my wife just got new iPhones yesterday. I’ll try hers but I tried her old her phone last week as well with no luck. I don’t know anyone with an android or should I say close by me.

The only thing I can think of replacing is the wiring harness but is there any way of knowing if my existing harness is the wrong one? Are there specific colored wires or number of wires on male adapters that plug into the USB hub? I’m about done throwing more money into this thing just for CarPlay unless I know it will work.
Send some pictures to @Mpgrimm2. If it's not right he'll know and can sell you the correct harness.

OP
OP
Ramaford

Ramaford

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Yes sir Siri is enabled. Here’s my vin 3C6UR5Dl7JG108709

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Yes sir Siri is enabled. Here’s my vin 3C6UR5Dl7JG108709
Invalid VIN

... and I still haven't seen an actual part number for this radio yet? (Unless I missed it)

OP
OP
Ramaford

Ramaford

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
That’s definitely my vin number. Not sure why or what website is telling you it’s invalid. I just entered it on the mopar website and it pulls up.
I posted a picture of the radio sticker on my original post.

Attachments

• IMG_7531.png
    IMG_7531.png
    87.7 KB · Views: 7

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That’s definitely my vin number. Not sure why or what website is telling you it’s invalid. I just entered it on the mopar website and it pulls up.
I posted a picture of the radio sticker on my original post.
OP, You bought U a TX truck, lol, original sales code TX, but not matter, just FYI. Something, either wrong cable, harness, or something not enabled, MP knows this stuff, keep working with him, he should be able to square U away, IMHO.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Invalid VIN

... and I still haven't seen an actual part number for this radio yet? (Unless I missed it)

I searched the listing on ebay and this is the part number I got. Looks like it's a new 2022 Jeep wrangler radio? Not sure that will work but I'll let the experts chime in.

68472587AJ

Last edited:

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OP
OP
Ramaford

Ramaford

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Update: It’s working now. Being I got the new iPhone 15, they don’t use the old cable now. It’s a USB C and i ordered the USB to USB C port so I could plug it into the console using the cable that came with my phone. I was using 4 different cables with the USB to USB C thinking one of them have to work but unfortunately they didn’t.
I really appreciate everyone’s time and effort helping me. I can’t believe it was a damn cable issue.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Update: It’s working now. Being I got the new iPhone 15, they don’t use the old cable now. It’s a USB C and i ordered the USB to USB C port so I could plug it into the console using the cable that came with my phone. I was using 4 different cables with the USB to USB C thinking one of them have to work but unfortunately they didn’t.
I really appreciate everyone’s time and effort helping me. I can’t believe it was a damn cable issue.
Those apple cables/lighting cables and hook ups are finicky PITA, lol. If U have your phone plugged in and connected, and turn off vehicle, but leave phone plugged in. Then go back and start truck back up, sometimes the CP may not connect and U will have to un-plug then plug back in. Just how it is and how the modules power up and "see" things. FTR, I got an I Phone 14, and it does it sometimes. It may not on yer I Phone 15, but if it does, do not be surprised. FYI.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat