8.4 Touchscreen Delaminating?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

14MDRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
At first I thought someone had hit my screen and cracked it. Upon further inspection it appears its coming apart. It has gotten supper annoying as its thinking the clock is being touched constantly and it keep asking if I want to change the settings.

I'm assuming replacement is the only solution here, correct? How much of a pain is it to replace? Price wise is it better to go OEM or aftermarket with modules to retain factory options?20211004_083808.jpg20211004_083907.jpg

Gordo2212

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 3500 Tradesman
Engine
6.4 L Hemi
There’s multiple threads on this issue already. Some folks have had it replaced by dealer covered by warranty. Some have replaced the screen itself.

Rav3ncroft

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If it's still under warranty work with @RamCares or Uconnect. Replacement by a dealership will be around $1200 for OEM. I just had mine replaced under warranty but had it quoted prior to Uconnect saying it was covered.

co-pilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
mine did the same exact thing.......like everyone said try dealer first....

ksebat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just had my Connect 8.4 replaced by the dealership still under warranty due to screen delaminating, however my navigation is not working and i cannot connect to Uconnect thru App it worked before the replacement, it says my location is Oakland CA and actually live in Suffolk VA. Dealership said they tried to reset everything and no joy. They want to do a diagnostic check on the radio and possibly may have to order a new radio. When i talked to Uconnect they couldn't see the replacement radio in their system (Siruis XM Guardian) and said they probably didn't enter it in the Star Data Base. Dealership said they did. Any body else have this issue and if so does the radio need to be replaced again or is it maybe a soft reset?

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
I just had my Connect 8.4 replaced by the dealership still under warranty due to screen delaminating, however my navigation is not working and i cannot connect to Uconnect thru App it worked before the replacement, it says my location is Oakland CA and actually live in Suffolk VA. Dealership said they tried to reset everything and no joy. They want to do a diagnostic check on the radio and possibly may have to order a new radio. When i talked to Uconnect they couldn't see the replacement radio in their system (Siruis XM Guardian) and said they probably didn't enter it in the Star Data Base. Dealership said they did. Any body else have this issue and if so does the radio need to be replaced again or is it maybe a soft reset?
Take it back to the dealer and make them fix it. They messed it up, why is this your problem now?

seabrook

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black 2018 Night
Engine
5.7 3.92 anti slip
mine did the same i had it fixed under warranty

shellj22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
So to fix is the screen replaced or is whole unit replaced? 2018 lonestar edition

Rav3ncroft

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you go through a dealership it will be a refurbished unit. If you are looking to fix it yourself you can replace just the screen. Plenty of information available on the forums. Just search "delaminating" since there have been multiple threads.

mlwapw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Diesel 6.7
They just ordered a replacement for mine yesterday. It was cracked and switching channels and useless.