Abs, ESP, Bas, traction control lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HelpImlost

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I have a 2010 Ram 1500 Sport 4X4 with 5.7 Hemi. A couple months ago the ABS, ESP, BAS, service 4WD, and traction control lights flashed like crazy. I did quite a bit of research and came to the conclusion it was a wheel sensor. Replaced the right rear sensor and everything was fine for a while. A couple weeks ago all the same lights reappeared but instead of flashing, they stay on consistently now. I can’t use cruise control, which I believe is a safety thing, no big deal. I’ve done tens of hours of research, following wires, and checking connectors but to no avail. I’ve checked brake fluid because I read that can cause issues, but that’s fine. No brake fluid leaks, all wiring and connectors I can find are clean and dry. I read that possibly re-flashing the ABS control module may help, but that costs money I don’t have right now. I don’t have the money to take it to a dealer or repair shop and have them scan ABS codes, but I suppose if I can’t find any help here I might have to bite the bullet and do it anyway. I was wondering if anyone has had the same problem or knows a solution? Any help would be appreciated.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Start with getting the codes retrieved. Without knowing what fault was detected you’re literally just guessing. There’s quite a number of reasons that will cause those lights to come on. Wheel speed sensor or wiring, Yaw sensor, steering angle sensor. ABS module or wiring to the module etc.

You’ll need to have or have access to a scan tool that can retrieve ABS/Communication faults. A lot of the cheaper readers and scan tools can only retrieve P codes from a check engine light.

A lot of parts stores can check the codes for free, just have to see if they have a scan tool that can retrieve the right codes.

OP
OP
H

HelpImlost

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Start with getting the codes retrieved. Without knowing what fault was detected you’re literally just guessing. There’s quite a number of reasons that will cause those lights to come on. Wheel speed sensor or wiring, Yaw sensor, steering angle sensor. ABS module or wiring to the module etc.

You’ll need to have or have access to a scan tool that can retrieve ABS/Communication faults. A lot of the cheaper readers and scan tools can only retrieve P codes from a check engine light.

A lot of parts stores can check the codes for free, just have to see if they have a scan tool that can retrieve the right codes.
I did end up having the ABS codes pulled and it showed an open circuit on the front right wheel sensor. After following wiring we found the green/white wire was practically hanging on by a single strand of copper. It was the green/white wire on the connector that goes to the wheel sensor. Practically fell out. After pulling the pin and getting it reconnected everything returned to normal