ABS Pump motor control failure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LWFram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Diesel
I have the intermittent abs/traction control lights, code C0020-01, RAM dealer says no fix or part's until June 2024. Does anyone know what fuse to pull to disable the "chime" or abs fuse that would have the least effect on the abs, brakes, vehicle. I have a 2018 Ram 2500 diesel. Thx

2018Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Mine goes in to dealership tomorrow for a second replacement in 2 years. Lucky first was replaced under extended warranty and they have a 2 year warranty on the parts. Had to wait in line for 3 weeks for part to come in, they stated they can only order 1 per week because of demand. Also 2018 2500

Raging_Rites

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
I have called several different Ram Dealerships and they all have a names list as longs as their arms with other who are on a waiting list for either one or both parts of ABS Hydraulic Motor or Electrical Part that cost total $600 and have been waiting for some reason since 2023 or even longer. I was told before UAW went on strike we could get the parts by March 2024 but since the did have a strike that it has been delayed to maybe 2025 if ever cause it back with R&D. Then I went to a dealership and they said well you can trade it in for a new one! I said I only have 1 issues with my truck and it’s a very easy $600 and about 1 hour out of my day to fix it but the manufacturer are all doing the sit and spin technique on each others engineers thumbs just hoping I would trade it in with the enormous % rates and once I trade it in they would get the parts I can’t order and fix my truck and sell it for 60k but only give me 25k for my 6.7L with only 53K in mileage that hasn’t ever pulled a trailer. It’s another Dodge Ram Racket see warranty makes them spend money to fix their vehicle problems and we know mechanics hate to do repairs for free. They are with Biden Racket with trying to force people into electric vehicles!

Raging_Rites

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
I’m almost ready to buy a Ford and Boycott Ram Everything. I’ve called some of my old military contractors companies to see if they could do the R&D that Ram Engineering isn’t capable of fixing

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The whole motor and valve assembly can be broken down and serviced ...for the handy and industrious guy who has a lot of mechanical skills. And there are several very good and detailed videos on ABS motor & valve problems ....on youtube.

More than likely the problem distills down to: a flaky electric motor which may be able to be repaired, stuck valves, bad/cracked/burned solder joints, Solder joints bad/corroded where the connector attaches to the board.

The pump/valve assemblies were available on Ebay last time I looked (used and aftermarket). But I haven't checked in a while. Does not incl the ABS module.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinRam1500