AC AND HEAT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 gas
Neither the heat nor the AC blow very well. I have pulled the fan motor out several times and tried blowing the system out not knowing how successful I was. If I put it on FULL BLAST, just a slight flow comes out of the vent left of the steering wheel. Once there was a packrat nesting in the fan. The AC has never been great from day 1. I have had the coolant refiled once and the temp checked and now with both not working well, I thought I would seek other's advice. When I take the fan motor out I can actuate the knob on the dash and see the blend door open and close. Really not sure where to go next.

04Ram08-2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think you've got something blocking your vents then. Unfortunately to service it best you need to remove the dash to be able to get to all the duct. If there is nothing in your duct having the dash off will enable you to be able to pull the box and see if there is any blockage in there. It does take a special tool to disconnect the ac lines though

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Nah it's just 134A just let it out. Just kidding. Yes it's best to evacuate the system.
Methinks that would go well beyond the definition of "de minimus release" lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txram956