Adding a Sales Code through wiTech

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kmwisinski

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
My MY22 Ram 1500 Laramie (VIN NN333675) did not come in with the 60/40 reclining rear seat (CAK) or the heated rear seats (JPZ) as I had ordered. I aquired a used MY22 Limited 1500 rear seat (VIN NN407606) that has CAK, JPZ, and CAH (ventilated rear seat). The seat and BCM harnesss matched up and connected okay. I had to add a new console harness (6852347AA) to connect the JPZ/CAH on/off/temperature switches (6EM19TX7AB/6EM18TX7AB) located on the back of the console. My question is, how do I activate these features now that I have all the components (all wiring is in place and verified through the Mopar DealerConnect Service Wiring diagram). Many members in this forum previously referred me to my local dealer to have them "turn them on". I took the truck to the dealer today and they spent 2.5 hours trying to figure it out without success. Are there any electrical techs out there that know how to add these sales codes through wiTECH that explain how? If not, who/how to I contact Ram (Stellantis) for assistance? The dealer will add the codes if I can help them figure out how.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
dealerships/WiTech are limited to what sales codes they can add to a vehicle build.
You'll probably have better luck looking into AlfaOBD to reconfigure the BCM for the heated seats.

OP
OP
K

kmwisinski

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I contacted Stellantis and was told that a dealer can only add a select number of sales codes through wiTECH. Those codes are added through DealerConnect- Vehicle Option Updates. The codes are limited to Mopar options that can be added to the vehicle after delivery to the dealer (U-Connect, Navigation, Trailer Tow Group, Trailer Tow Mirrors, Fog Lamps, Wireless charging, etc.). Once the option is added the dealer will use WiTech to push a new vehicle configuration to the vehicle. Regarding adding rear heated seats, those are not offered through Mopar and therefore cannot be added to your vehicle through the dealer.

OP
OP
K

kmwisinski

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
To conclude this thread, I was able to activate the second row heated/ventilated seats using OBDLink MX+ with the Kaodtech Security Gateway bypass module and AlphaOBD software. It was a long journey but worth the results. Message me if interested in the AlfaOBD settings. Thanks @crash68

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thoffmann517