Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kmwisinski

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I ordered a 2022 Laramie last May with the Level II Equipment Group which included at the time, the Rear 60/40 Folding Split Recline Seat (CAK) and Heated Second Row Seats (JPZ). However, when the vehicle came in, these two options were not on the vehicle. I seriously thought about not accepting the vehicle, but the dealer indicated that Stellantis does this all the time and there was no guarantee the next one would have these options. Dealer BS I’m sure but I was in need of a vehicle and did not want and reorder at ’23 pricing. Fast forward, I ended up purchasing a ’22 Limited rear seat that had CAK and JPZ. A bonus was that the seats also had the Ventilated Rear Seat Option (CAH). However, after purchasing and installing new OEM rear trim silencer panel, seat back latches, switches, seats, and console harness, the switches would not activate the heated/ventilated functions. Looking through the forum, it seemed that the dealer would have to add the codes to the BCM. The dealer said no go since the codes were not available with the original build. Is this true or is this dealer not wanting to add due to Mopar/Warranty guidance? I can understand the ventilated code not being available since that is on the Longhorn and above models, but the heated "was" available on the Laramie. Do I try another dealer or is there a tool out there that will do it? If not, can anyone provide guidance on me bypassing the BCM and wiring direct to the OEM switches?

Ramfanski

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I had them reprogram for an added oem trailer brake last month. I bet they can do what you need, maybe call another dealer.

nlambert182

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
There was just a thread about this.... the heated rear seat option was removed from 22+ models if I recall correctly. The dealer is likely correct in that they cannot get them any longer. Stellantis made that decision it appears.

As I told the previous OP, I installed aftermarket heated seats in my Bighorn with very little effort and for less than $100. I might just ask the dealer if they can have them installed aftermarket and move on. As for turning on the feature, a lot of dealers will not add a feature that wasn't on the build sheet. I would suggest finding someone with AlfaOBD and have them turn it on for you (or spend the coin and buy the software yourself and do it).

brental1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I swapped leather, heated 20 seats into my 2022 BH. Think I may as well add vented also. I've received some of the parts. I can't figure out how to add the vent bags and blowers. It doesn't seem to be intuitive. Does any one have pics, drawings, or anything of how to install the bags and blowers?

brental1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I ordered a 2022 Laramie last May with the Level II Equipment Group which included at the time, the Rear 60/40 Folding Split Recline Seat (CAK) and Heated Second Row Seats (JPZ). However, when the vehicle came in, these two options were not on the vehicle. I seriously thought about not accepting the vehicle, but the dealer indicated that Stellantis does this all the time and there was no guarantee the next one would have these options. Dealer BS I’m sure but I was in need of a vehicle and did not want and reorder at ’23 pricing. Fast forward, I ended up purchasing a ’22 Limited rear seat that had CAK and JPZ. A bonus was that the seats also had the Ventilated Rear Seat Option (CAH). However, after purchasing and installing new OEM rear trim silencer panel, seat back latches, switches, seats, and console harness, the switches would not activate the heated/ventilated functions. Looking through the forum, it seemed that the dealer would have to add the codes to the BCM. The dealer said no go since the codes were not available with the original build. Is this true or is this dealer not wanting to add due to Mopar/Warranty guidance? I can understand the ventilated code not being available since that is on the Longhorn and above models, but the heated "was" available on the Laramie. Do I try another dealer or is there a tool out there that will do it? If not, can anyone provide guidance on me bypassing the BCM and wiring direct to the OEM switches?
Have you confirmed that JPZ and CAH can not be added to 2022 by the dealer? What about with Alfa ? The donor seat I bought from a 2020 has heat and I now have most of the parts to add vent. But, if it can't be flashed, then I won't do any more work on it. Thanks.

OP
OP
K

kmwisinski

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I took the truck in to my local dealer and they spent 2.5 hours trying to figure out how to add the JPZ and CAH sales codes through wiTECH without success. They said to either contact Stellantis or leave the truck for a few days and they would open a Star Claim and hopefully someone from Stellatis would be able to help them. I needed the truck so I left. I found a contact at Stellantis and am waiting on a reply to see what they recommend- wiTECH or AlfaOBD. I'll keep you posted.

OP
OP
K

kmwisinski

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I contacted Stellantis and was told that a dealer can only add a select number of sales codes through wiTECH. Those codes are added through DealerConnect- Vehicle Option Updates. The codes are limited to Mopar options that can be added to the vehicle after delivery to the dealer (U-Connect, Navigation, Trailer Tow Group, Trailer Tow Mirrors, Fog Lamps, Wireless charging, etc.). Once the option is added the dealer will use WiTech to push a new vehicle configuration to the vehicle. Regarding adding rear heated seats, those are not offered through Mopar and therefore cannot be added to your vehicle through the dealer.

OP
OP
K

kmwisinski

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
To conclude this thread, I was able to activate the second row heated/ventilated seats using OBDLink MX+ with the Kaodtech Security Gateway bypass module and AlphaOBD software. It was a long journey but worth the results. Message me if interested in the AlfaOBD settings.