Advice on side steps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vpalace

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Newb here, sorry of this has been discussed to death. I picked up a new 2014 Crew Cab Express Saturday and now realize my knees aren't what they used to be and I need an easier way to get in and out.

It's a lease, so I don't want to spend a ton on the Amp Research power steps, just want something that is functional and doesn't look horrible.

Any recommendation as to what and where to get a good set?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

White Beauty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500 SLT
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Check the local ads might pick up a set cheap. I'm running stock dodge boards and don't mind them

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

jlis

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm running 4" wheel to wheel raptor bars. love them! got them from ebay.

OP
OP
vpalace

vpalace

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you have a pic of them? I've seen a few on eBay, but I don't want them to be too low or stick out too far.

I also don't know if I should get black or polished. My truck is white on white.

jlis

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
only pic I have.

Attachments

• Ram rear.jpg
    Ram rear.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 114

jlis

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Stainless or black is personal preference. I went with black because I trying to not add anymore chrome to the truck and it matched my amp bed step. I actually like the bars sticking out because other car doors hit them first.

Wandell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I know exactly what you mean. You want them to tuck up and tight enough to the body so they don't look odd. But they also have to stick out enough to be functional. I have the Lund 5 inch oval bars. The brackets actually allow you adjust how far they stick out.

OP
OP
vpalace

vpalace

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes, exactly! I like them too. I found some on ebay last night, I think I posted the link. They look like they are tucked up enough to give me the look I want. I would even make do with a simple step, but the good ones are just as expensive.

Phylodog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2018
Engine
5.7 Hemi & 6.7L CTD
Does anyone know which of the available steps on the market attach to the frame rather than the body? I'm not fond of the idea of attaching them to the body but a frame mount may not be possible after I install a body lift either.

Wandell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I'm not aware of any that attach to the frame. All of the one's I've seen bolt to the body.