Aftermarket fog/running lights for slt bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nutshot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hey guys, I'm trying to figure out how to add some after market fog/running lights to my 2012 ram 1500 slt. It has the chrome bumper without fog lights or cutouts. Its my work truck so I don't car if it looks stock or overly clean. Does anyone know of a kit that would fit in the little plastic inserts in the middle of the bumper? The lights would need to be fairly short height wise and preferable flush mount. Id really like a kit where I don't have to figure out additional relays and stuff because I don't understand that stuff. I just want to be able to see the road directly in front of me a bit better! Thanks in advance for any help.

HDHNTER

US AIR FORCE VETERAN OEF - OIF
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Diode Dynamics sells a kit which I've run for a couple of years now. Outstanding lighting upgrade & exponentially better than the factory fogs I had in my prior 09 Laramie.5a577b830b5f9d8521a57cecce482c76.jpg

RamminMopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Those look better than the vertical fogs from factory

bmg97

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diode Dynamics sells a kit which I've run for a couple of years now. Outstanding lighting upgrade & exponentially better than the factory fogs I had in my prior 09 Laramie.5a577b830b5f9d8521a57cecce482c76.jpg

You running fog or driving lights ? I was looking at these for driving lights.

HDHNTER

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
You running fog or driving lights ? I was looking at these for driving lights.

It's the wide beam fog light kit. I needed more side illumination w/ the lift. These w/ the SL1 high & low beam LEDs makes for an outstanding combo & when adjusted correctly you don't blind oncoming traffic & get high beamed.

theamazingkuskus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I only see these for 2013+ on their website. I have a 2011
How easy were they to install?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bmg97

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It's the wide beam fog light kit. I needed more side illumination w/ the lift. These w/ the SL1 high & low beam LEDs makes for an outstanding combo & when adjusted correctly you don't blind oncoming traffic & get high beamed.

I may have to try their driving lights Looking for something when I drive upstate. Been looking at some of those HID bulb replacments too.

I dont want to be that ******* that blinds people but I want to be able to see well.

HDHNTER

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I only see these for 2013+ on their website. I have a 2011
How easy were they to install?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not a complex install, around 2hrs to complete.

OP
OP
N

nutshot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have a 2012 so I emailed them and they didn't know about compatability. Too bad because those look perfect. I'm not worried about modifying the bracket or my truck but the wiring confuses me so if the harnesses I need aren't back there its a waste of money

HDHNTER

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I have a 2012 so I emailed them and they didn't know about compatability. Too bad because those look perfect. I'm not worried about modifying the bracket or my truck but the wiring confuses me so if the harnesses I need aren't back there its a waste of money

It doesn't tie into the factory wiring harness. They run off of a simple switch you install at a location of your preference on the dash or below it in my case (behind parking brake release is an ideal spot). It's a low height switch, not a tall toggle. Personally opinion, skip the long throw driving lamps & go w/ the wide beam fogs. You get excellent side coverage & the throw is long enough to serve as driving lights. I've mistakenly driven w/ them on several times, completely forgetting to cut on the headlights, they're that good.