Fog lights not turning on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jlafoon99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello everyone,

I bought my first ram in July (2015 bighorn hemi 5.7) and have had no issues with it up until now. Generally, with my light knob turned to auto, the fog lights would be on along with the headlights. Then, starting on Tuesday, they just wouldn’t turn on. I’ve tried with the auto setting, I’ve tried just the setting for the fog lights, the lights themselves don’t turn on and neither does the light on my dash. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

kdoublep

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Start with the basics. Bulbs good? Check for corrosion in sockets. Fuse. Make sure they're getting power if you have a meter, etc.

zafo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My headlights turn on when the left knob is at the right position. There is no "push" or "pull" option on the knob. The fog lights never turn on either.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
There has to be a switch somewhere for the fog lights. Your headlight switch is not the typical OEM configuration for Fog lights if it doesn't have the center push for on for the fogs, so whoever put them in had to put in a switch to turn them on. If you look I am sure you will find it.

1713105203859.jpeg