Aftermarket sunroof

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I had one installed at purchase. The bonus of after market is they often have a lifetime warranty against leaks. I love mine and looks factory. No leaks and the same is in my wife's car leak free...get Hollandia/Webasto or don't get one at all. They pretty much make every OEM sunroof in every vehicle...

https://www.ramforum.com/index.php?posts/1149255

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
2010 Infantry Vet

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had one installed at purchase. The bonus of after market is they often have a lifetime warranty against leaks. I love mine and looks factory. No leaks and the same is in my wife's car leak free...get Hollandia/Webasto or don't get one at all. They pretty much make every OEM sunroof in every vehicle...

https://www.ramforum.com/index.php?posts/1149255

Looks badass! How much did ig cost you?

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Looks badass! How much did ig cost you?
Sorry, forgot that part...I believe bit was around $900 for my truck and $1200 for my wife's Altima (I think the dealership bloated hers). Both are Webasto Hollandia 700 series.

Your dealership will likely have a shop they use for new sales, I would go with them.

Silver Goose

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500 Larame Longhorn
Engine
Cummings 6.7 Diesel
Lifetime warranties are only good if the installer is still alive and the product has not been discontinued. If either thing happens you are left with a hole in your truck's roof.

Bottom line: Your truck, your money and if the SHTF it is still your truck.

Larruy

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Lifetime warranties are only good if the installer is still alive and the product has not been discontinued. If either thing happens you are left with a hole in your truck's roof.

Larruy
The same could be said for your truck as a whole...

OP
OP
2010 Infantry Vet

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sorry, forgot that part...I believe bit was around $900 for my truck and $1200 for my wife's Altima (I think the dealership bloated hers). Both are Webasto Hollandia 700 series.

Your dealership will likely have a shop they use for new sales, I would go with them.

Thats actually a good idea. Never thought about asking the local dodge dealer.

OP
OP
2010 Infantry Vet

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Larruy

So what are you going to do if you factory sunroof starts leaking (which thsy do after time) and the warranty runs out?:banghead:

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
So what are you going to do if you factory sunroof starts leaking (which thsy do after time) and the warranty runs out?:banghead:
The nice thing about the factory sunroof is if it leaks warranty or not the parts are readily available. As I mentioned before the last aftermarket I had was good, but when the glass was broken it was a huge pain to find a replacement piece. May be worth inquiring as to what parts are available from the aftermarket manufacturer to be sure it can be fixed in a reasonable amount of time.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
The nice thing about the factory sunroof is if it leaks warranty or not the parts are readily available. As I mentioned before the last aftermarket I had was good, but when the glass was broken it was a huge pain to find a replacement piece. May be worth inquiring as to what parts are available from the aftermarket manufacturer to be sure it can be fixed in a reasonable amount of time.
If you go Webasto they likely made the factory one too. All the factory does is have a pre-cut/pre-stamped hole to accept their sunroofs...

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
If you go Webasto they likely made the factory one too. All the factory does is have a pre-cut/pre-stamped hole to accept their sunroofs...

If that's the case then that's a good thing, but still worth verifying.