2017 Ram 1500 sunroof leak.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ryebread

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a small leak on the driver side from the little vent right above the visor. It doesn't leak much and from what I can tell the drains going down the front left and right side are working just fine. There are small metal hooks on both sides that I believe connect the deflector to the sunroof frame and water collects from the top of the metal hook and slowly drips down through the sunroof frame where it then runs down to the vent. I can't find any threads discussing this specific issue and I'm curious if anyone has come accross this and what they've done to fix it. I put in some gorilla glue on both the exterior and interior part of the metal hook but it seems to have finally failed after a few months.

drivesover300mph

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 MEGA CAB DUALLY
Engine
6.7 CUMMINS
CLEAN OUT THE DRAIN CHANNELS WITH A PIECE OF WEED WACKER LINE ABOUT 4-5 FT LONG, ATTACHED TO A DRILL MOTOR. USE THE SQUARE OR RIBBED LINE FOR BEST RESULTS. RUN IT THROUGH ALL OF THE DRAINS FRONT AND REAR ON BOTH SIDES, RUN THE LINE IN AS FAR AS IT WILL GO OR UNTIL YOU CAN SEE IT PROTRUDE OUT OF THE CHANNEL. THIS SHOULD HELP THE PROBLEMS.

OVER THE YEARS SMALL DEBRIS CAN BUILD UP DOWN IN THE CHANNEL AND IT NEEDS TO BE CLEANED...