Airlift 1000HD install shortcuts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shiva

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
20190607_174456.jpg 20190607_174322.jpg View attachment 169057 Pleased with end results. Told by service tech he weighed my tongue load at 900lb and yes even with properly adjusted WDH I had excessive tail end sag.
After this install hitched up tail drops 1/2" and front raises 1/2" at 40psi in bags. That's with the WDH set up with it.

I hitched up my trailer and chocked in front of the truck front wheels then used the electric tongue Jack to lift rear wheels to just off the ground then cribbed up under hitch and lowered Jack for tongue to rest on wood

NEVER WORK UNDER A JACK OR SUSPENDED LOAD for safety..no blocks...get some.

I took off the rims and set up a padded stool to work comfortably in front of nicely decompressed springs. Didn't have to disconnect shocks or sway bar or springs.

I chose to run 2 air lines the from rear plate location as shown above. The air fill valves now also hold on the licence plate bracket.View attachment 169058 Without cutting the supplied air tubing I ran it forward and fed ends inside springsfrom top opening.

Instructions said to deflate the bags and fold them like a hotdog bun. Then pry them in. YOU DON'T NEED TO PRY
Just remove the shipping caps and kneel on the bag to flatten it then put the caps back on. Leave them in the sun or gently warm anyway that works for you. They will expand as they warm.
Kneel on them again and remove the cap to get remaining expanded air out. Secure caps back on then fold and hold with your knees while you put a good heavy nylon cable tie around both ends to hold it in shape.
Now that bag installs through the bottom coil space of the spring and with one hand guiding the top of the bag up and the other hand feeding in it's as easy as sh.t and these are the thicker bags.
The excess tubing gets cut out of the center of the roll of tubing. No measuring required. You're already where you need to be at all ends.
Throw a cup of water in the microwave for 30 seconds or soak the tubing ends in your coffee or warm beer to help the tubing slide easily onto the barbed fittings.

The rest of the job is in the installation manual and operators manual.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2023RamWarlock